Rainier Arms UltraMatch .223 Wylde Barrel - 18 Intermediate

BMP

I just bought one of these. Rainier Barrel Sale Link Rainier was running them on sale so I figured that was a good time to buy. Anyone have any experience with them? I have heard that White Oak cuts these for Rainier. I see it has a WOA contour so I am assuming the info might be correct.

If you have opinions good or bad on these barrels let me know.

Brad

Last edited:
I have a pair in 16" and they both perform excellent. They both work very well with 55grain Vmax or Nosler, but they really shine with 60grain. That 1:8 just seems to be magic with the 60's.

Thanks for the replies guys! I am going to try some 68 or 75gr BTHP's, 55gr spire points and 53 grain Vmax. Hopefully they all perform!

Brad

The barrel is on. I also bought a Rainier precision match grade Nickle Boron bolt carrier group. The machine work and finish on everything is second to none! The gun points identical to my previous 16" Carbine gas Hbar. All I need to do now is load up some 75gr BTHP's and see what it will do.

Brad

Last edited:
I just got back from the range. I shot my distance load of Hornady 75gr BTHP's over 24 grains of Reloder 15. All the groups averaged .400 to .650 CTC. Max spread on one group was .740 CTC. It easily makes to 1 MOA guarantee. I was using my 6X scope and reworked factory trigger. I would like to do a two-stage and more magnification to push the set up. I am very happy!

Brad

Back