. .:Fading awAy:. . .:One by one:. . ...

Infidel 762

Staff member
The hour of morning hangs on the horizon.. I find myself disappearing down an oil lease road.. Where gazing up is actually looking into the past.. For some of those stars have already died... Some exploded ..Some swelled into red giants.. While others silently burnt out.. Our earthly limitations put us on a much shorter time span than the stars.. Yet in the end, we share a common equality with both stars and comets: mortality..

In the background.. cool red dwarfs fade away; One by one. One by.. Two:

First time to call since deer season.. Where the gravel shifts beneath my feet, as if my weight is somewhat strange to them..they crunch together.. One by one. one by.. One.

Second stand of the morning.. Caught a glimpse of what I thought to be a coyote crest thru a saddle at my 11 o'clock.. Dropped the volume with elbow on knee.. It's been a while and the cold air amplified the jitters.. Minute of two I see him slowly walking away in the tall grass.. I rushed the shot but heard the thump.. I was pretty sure he dropped past the grass where he stood, yet the weeds were to tall for absolute certainty... Kept my eyes on the spot I saw him last, stood up and walked straight there... To my surprise it was a cat:

The disappearing nature of the things that have been, begin to change:

Onward.. My thoughts were full of different pieces, as I stray from the straight road:

Blank stand by one. Blank stand by two.. Final stand, by half an hour , thought I would just sit till dark.. Maybe listen to vole squeaks at low volumes.. Not sure how long I had been on stand.. I am sure it was just light enough to see pointy ears;

One by one.. One by.. Two:

Think about this concept; though some of the stars we see are dead and "in their time" no longer exist.. We will never run out of stars.. For others have been born that we are not yet able to see...

"It's better to burn out, than to fade away (into the black)" Neil Young
. : . .: .
. . * . :
...: :.... * ...: * :... . .

Nicely done and cool pics.
thumbup1.gif

Good to see your deer season is over ! In the middle of mine right now. Be glad when its over.

Awesome pics, writeup & predator pair ! Congrats !!!

Until recently I was in awe of wind farm windmills, if nothing else from a mechanical and engineered perspective. They don't seem to have any negative effects on coyote hunting. After a trip to Oregon over Thanksgiving where we saw at least a couple of hundred thousand of them in some of the most scenic areas of our trip and then a trip along I 80 in Nebraska and Iowa the last two days I've began to think of them as quite an eyesore. Oh by the way nice story and pics as usual..

I think you were around my country with that windfarm picture. I know exactly where that's at, and would actually hazard to guess I saw you snap the picture lol. I could be mistaken I'm sure there are other views similar to that one, just don't see it everyday unless your traveling I 35. Congrats on the cat, hoping to get one this year.

Originally Posted By: mbaysinger89I think you were around my country with that windfarm picture. I know exactly where that's at, and would actually hazard to guess I saw you snap the picture lol. I could be mistaken I'm sure there are other views similar to that one, just don't see it everyday unless your traveling I 35.

Those are West of I-35 by Kremlin, Ok... Those wind farms are sprouting up all over NW Oklahoma.. I see semi-trucks hauling pieces of them all the time.. One blade won't even fit on a trailer, they just attach wheels to the back and have an electric line for break lights.. The blade itself is its own trailer..

Originally Posted By: millerjqAnd who doesn't love some Neil Young?
Nicely done.

I would definitely consider myself a fan of Neil Young.

Originally Posted By: flintrockUntil recently I was in awe of wind farm windmills, if nothing else from a mechanical and engineered perspective. They don't seem to have any negative effects on coyote hunting. After a trip to Oregon over Thanksgiving where we saw at least a couple of hundred thousand of them in some of the most scenic areas of our trip and then a trip along I 80 in Nebraska and Iowa the last two days I've began to think of them as quite an eyesore. Oh by the way nice story and pics as usual..

It's amazing the wind moves something that big... They are an eyesore... Some places you can see them from 20 miles away... And they are so spread out that places that used to appear as God's country now look industrialized..

Nice work, Infidel. Thankfully, (for me at least) I think the coyotes will be here as long as the stars....

Back