Daughters First Buck

wily yote

After 5 years of bouncing around the flint hills with us she finally got one down. The land owner where I bow hunt let her rifle hunt this year. She made an awesome shot in waist high grass and facing us. 243 AR-10 Hornady 95gr SST, he flipped over backwards and his rack stuck in the ground!

IMG_0296_zpsqedalkpa.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats young lady, keep after them! How,old is she Wily? My 7yr old wants "us" to go deer hunting. I don't really deer hunt anymore but she does go coyote hunting with me and she loves it!

She turned 16 in July. She's been deer hunting and calling with me since she was little. She's been carrying a gun since she was 10, so he was a long time coming.

Originally Posted By: wily yoteShe turned 16 in July. She's been deer hunting and calling with me since she was little. She's been carrying a gun since she was 10, so he was a long time coming.

Hahaha, that's great! I have a feeling that's similar to how my daughters moment will happen. I now have her holding her rifle in the living room to build her muscles for strength/stamina for "the day"........For when it comes.
Congrats there fellow dad.....

Last edited:
She had to have eye surgery when she was 3 and she's left eye dominant. It's been an uphill battle in 18 inches of snow. Last year I bought a 243AR from ksduckhntr and topped it with a vortex scope. She can see thru it without any problem. The other thing I did was buy a Ruger pellet rifle with a scope. She shot hundreds of pellets on shooting sticks. No kick and no bang, just crosshairs in the target and trigger pull. That made a huge difference in her shooting.

Back