Please share your most accurate 22-250 hand load

Bowhunt

Just picked up a T/C Venture in 22-250. It has a 22" barrel with a 1 in 12" twist, I believe. I will be working up a hand load and am wondering what you all are loading for coyotes. Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated. Also.....do any of you have any experience with this rifle? Mine is the standard model......not the predator model with the fluted barrel. Thanks in advance.

36 gr varget 55g sierra #1365 cci lr primer seated to book standard. Also 60gr vmax 33.5 varget wlr primer seated to book. Using hornady brass. If i do my part its shooting half moa at 200 yards.

No experience with the T/C Venture.

Savage 12 VLP .22-250 Remington 1/9 twist 26" barrel topped with a Leupold VX-II 6-18x40.

Once fired neck sized only Winchester cases
Win LRP
33.6 Varget
55 V-MAX

This chronos at 3,500 fps with the particular lot of components used. Not the fastest loading but very accurate. I am not really a speed king, I am an accuracy dude.

3 shots next to a dime.
2ijk8y.jpg

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223No experience with the T/C Venture.

Savage 12 VLP .22-250 Remington 1/9 twist 26" barrel topped with a Leupold VX-II 6-18x40.

Once fired neck sized only Winchester cases
Win LRP
33.6 Varget
55 V-MAX

This chronos at 3,500 fps with the particular lot of components used. Not the fastest loading but very accurate. I am not really a speed king, I am an accuracy dude.

3 shots next to a dime.
2ijk8y.jpg

Thanks foxpro! Now that's what I'm talkin about! I'm an accuracy guy myself. Exactly the kind of groups that I require.

I have a Savage Model 10 in .22-250 w/ a 12" twist. While I used to handload 38.0 grains of H-380 with a 52grain Hornady Match BTHP, the Hornady Superformance Ammo is as accurate. My handloads were a consistent .290" at 200yds. The Superformance is almost the same. It's not worth the work to keep loading. I use it so infrequently, there really is no savings.

I have the camo predator venture rifle with the fluted barrel and same 5r rifling you have.

I found that it loved the 50 and 53gr vmax bullets.
I use Varget powder, and remington primers.

my best load was .33moa

Of course i am going to tell you to verify all loads with safe loading manuals..

But if you are looking for a start.. Maybe look at the middle of the scale load suggestion for a 50 gr bullets using Varget. I got the best results in the middle of the safe loads they listed in Hornady's reloading book at 36.4 gr's.

33.6 of Varget with a 55 V-MAX, hmmm... might definitely have to try that one. Nice work Foxpro.223.

I picked 35.9 of Varget with a 55BK in Lapua brass now, using Fed210GM primers. After deciding on the charge, I did seating depth testing from .005 off back to around .030 off, but none of those looked as good to me as regular 'ol "Book COL", which I then shorted another .005 to 2.345. This load chrono'd at 3,725fps out of my Savage Model 10: Predator Hunter Max 1.

I run Hornady Zombie max (its an a max) for prairie dogs, I'll have to look up the grain count but its 4064 got an 8lb container for a good deal so i use it for plinking dirt squirrels. at about 3000 fps, laser confirmed 1 shot hits at 350 yards in a 20 mph cross wind. i'll look it up later if interested. this was just above freezing as well; load developed in the summer

My rifle loves 38.5 gr of CFE 223 and 55 gr Varmageddons. I had a fluke day and had 5 shots in a one hole group you couldn't stick a pencil in. Probably never do it again but it was fun, once.

Originally Posted By: bc83IMR 8208 xbr 35g 52g smk col 2.35 .4 5 shot groups out of my savage.

What twist is your savage?

Back