California Predator Hunters, Coyote hunting Endangered.

usmcm16a2

Folks,

The NRA ILA, and ammoland.com have put out a warning. Two advisory committee to the CDFW are wanting to tweek the rules regarding the taking of coyotes. Section 472 they want to amend to creat a season, and bag limit. The Wildlife Resource Comittee, and the Predator Policy Workshop, are both shams peopled by environmentalists. Contact CDFW with your displeasure. Donate to NRA and ILA. These people on these committees are tools, and do not give a rats [beeep] about hunters. Thanks A2.

Originally Posted By: Inxslung12Sigh... Yep... Liberals running the state in all aspects of the government...
The reasons to leave are becoming a mountain.

We have (had) a real problem here in El Dorado County with way too many coyotes for the area, they were grouped in large packs and were killing as many as 7 and 8 sheep or goats in a night. When I moved here all the neighbors appointed me the official coyote equalizer. I got well over 15 in the first two years and stopped keeping track after that. They are way down in numbers and nobody has been losing anything for a bit over a year. Mountain Lions are a different problem, we have killed five in the last year (the county trapper 4, me one).

I'll add that I was issued depredation permits that I keep on file for both Lions and Deer.

Last edited:
Next they will want you to purchase tags at $10 a piece. There is already a "wanton waste" rule in place even for jackrabbits. That would probably apply to coyotes as well. Requiring you to take them with you.

GOOD..

For all the hunters in California, this is what happens when you vote Democrat.

For those that don't support Dems, Time to move.

Let it implode on its self.

Easy now......this idea could easily cross borders : (
This is what happens when liberals infiltrate fish and game and make silly policies based on emotion and not science and common sense.....you know....like how the trained wildlife biologists they employ are supposed to be doing. These rules are being made up by a committee of liberals that aren't going to bother with any research or thought. They will only take comments from whiny [beeep] people and make decisions from that.

If this passes I am done hunting here...and maybe for good. I refuse to contribute any more time, effort or money to this [beeep] [beeep] state and it's fish and wild life traitors.
Mark

This is what California hunters are up against. The fox is in the henhouse!

John Laird, the Secretary of Natural Resources for the state of California, is going to be the host and presenter of a gala fundraising event for the virulent anti-hunting group Project Coyote on Nov. 14 in Pebble Beach. This man is ultimately in charge of the Department of Fish and Wildlife, but he’s rubbing shoulders with and helping an anti-hunting group raise money? How is this not a gross conflict of interest? Want to complain: Here’s the number of the Natural Resources office (916) 653-5656 or you can e-mail secretary@resources.ca.gov. Or better yet, call Governor Jerry Brown’s office at (916) 445-2841 or go to this direct link and leave the governor an e-mail message: https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php.

Project Coyote writes on their website (www.projectcoyotegala.org): Please join us for an informative and exclusive, invitation-only Benefit Gala with actor/narrator Peter Coyote, Project Coyote founder and Executive Director Camilla Fox and special guest California Secretary of Natural Resources John Laird.
Proceeds from this event will benefit Project Coyote’s work to stop the wanton killing of wildlife across North America.

The man who oversees both the Commission and the Department is supporting a group whose sole purpose is to end all hunting. This is a big fat F-you to every sportsmen/sportswoman in the state. The time to act is NOW!

Brought to you by: www.projectcoyotelies.com

We have 11 houses on our private road, everyone has ten acres and up to 25 or so, and everyone has animals that get hammered by both coyotes and Mountain Lions. The guy that owned this property before us lost 51 fancy show Barbados Sheep in one year. We've been lucky compared to others, we've lost 8 goats in about two years, they didn't start killing ours until everyone else's were virtually gone. I try to make sure that if an animal gets killed I kill what killed it.

The deer I kill are supposed to be given to charitable organizations, Lions are picked up by F&G, coyotes go to a good cause, I get at least one or two more leaving them out where I can see them from the back kitchen window. Coyotes seem to love eating other coyotes.

Oh, as to deer we got two dogs, an Airedale and a half Shorthair half Lab that take their deer eviction duties very seriously, we have no more deer on the inner yard anymore, so no more having to shoot deer.

I hate these coyotes though, I haven't gotten one in months. I was thinking of seeing if someone local who is good at calling wants to come out and do some calling, I lost my tenant that was the coyote caller, we got two or three every time we went out back and called. I don't know what I'm doing calling so I have been waiting until I find someone who does so I don't goof things up making smarter ones.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357This is what California hunters are up against. The fox is in the henhouse!

John Laird, the Secretary of Natural Resources for the state of California, is going to be the host and presenter of a gala fundraising event for the virulent anti-hunting group Project Coyote on Nov. 14 in Pebble Beach. This man is ultimately in charge of the Department of Fish and Wildlife, but he’s rubbing shoulders with and helping an anti-hunting group raise money? How is this not a gross conflict of interest? Want to complain: Here’s the number of the Natural Resources office (916) 653-5656 or you can e-mail secretary@resources.ca.gov. Or better yet, call Governor Jerry Brown’s office at (916) 445-2841 or go to this direct link and leave the governor an e-mail message: https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php.

Project Coyote writes on their website (www.projectcoyotegala.org): Please join us for an informative and exclusive, invitation-only Benefit Gala with actor/narrator Peter Coyote, Project Coyote founder and Executive Director Camilla Fox and special guest California Secretary of Natural Resources John Laird.
Proceeds from this event will benefit Project Coyote’s work to stop the wanton killing of wildlife across North America.

The man who oversees both the Commission and the Department is supporting a group whose sole purpose is to end all hunting. This is a big fat F-you to every sportsmen/sportswoman in the state. The time to act is NOW!

Brought to you by: www.projectcoyotelies.com

Why, if there is anyone that still hunts in California, are all the hunters not out there protesting this and demanding that he step down over his clear bias for his role that is the job he has?

That group of fruits has a handfull, if all the hunters showed up, they could get rid of that person and completely overshadow that group. Time to start doing what they do, and give them a friendly dose of their own medicine.. If you can't get enough to show, do the same thing they do, and go inside and protest so he can't speak.. Just like black lives does..

I visit another Predator site from the Komiefornia side. I believe that the general feelings are that with such a Liberally run state, the letters and phone calls falls on deaf ears. We all tried to get the Lead Ban on bullets stopped. But Barnes Bullets "different owners now" testified that there would be no problems for getting Copper bullets for the Hunters to shoot. They Lied. But regardless of that, the first part of the lead ban went through. We wrote and called and wrote some more. It always falls on deaf ears because the Libs cater to these other "liberal based activists that pour money into their political campaigns. This latest round with project Coyote has most feeling, "If I waste My time complaigning about this, nothing will happen". The California Hunter is out voted every time. The Foxes are running the Dept of Wild life there. Most are tree huggers and Bunny Humpers. The Hunters have no way to win. JMO.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZGOOD..

For all the hunters in California, this is what happens when you vote Democrat. I didn't. Most don't.
Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZ
For those that don't support Dems, Time to move.

Let it implode on its self. I don't see YOU moving out of the USA because dems like Obama got elected twice.

Your tuff talk doesn't help anything.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Next they will want you to purchase tags at $10 a piece. There is already a "wanton waste" rule in place even for jackrabbits. That would probably apply to coyotes as well. Requiring you to take them with you. Wanton waste only applies to Game animals, and it only requires you to take the parts of the animal normally consumed by humans.

Quote:Why, if there is anyone that still hunts in California, are all the hunters not out there protesting thisBecause 99% of hunters (or anybody) don't know this is going on. The attacks on hunting and guns is so heavy and ongoing, you have to really put effort into keeping up with all the new crazy crap they're trying to pass or ban. Even a typical semi-regular forum reader often doesn't hear about this stuff until it's too late. CA gets absolutely bombarded by anti-gun type legislation all year long. It's a part time job just to keep up.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Next they will want you to purchase tags at $10 a piece. There is already a "wanton waste" rule in place even for jackrabbits. That would probably apply to coyotes as well. Requiring you to take them with you. Wanton waste only applies to Game animals, and it only requires you to take the parts of the animal normally consumed by humans.
I know that it applies to Jackrabbits, I guess I should have added the word "sarcasm" next to the Coyote part. Its just that nothing surprises Me anymore with Ca. Laws.

§257. Resident Small Game Defined.
"Resident small game" means the following resident game birds: Chinese spotted doves, Eurasian collared-doves, ringed turtle-doves of the family Columbidae, California quail and varieties thereof, Gambel's or desert quail, mountain quail and varieties thereof, sooty grouse and varieties thereof, ruffed grouse, sage grouse (sage hens), white-tailed ptarmigan, Hungarian partridges, red-legged partridges, including the chukar and other varieties, ring-necked pheasants and varieties, and wild turkeys of the order Galliformes; and the following game mammals: jackrabbits and varying hares (genus Lepus), cottontail rabbits, brush rabbits, pigmy rabbits (genus Sylvilagus), and tree squirrels (genus Sciurus and Tamiasciurus).http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/current/uplandgamebirdregs.aspx

Back