.243 coyote bullets.

I have used 62gr varmint grenades over imr4064 for years, and at 150 yards ive never had a exit. All produced dime sized enrty holes and killed them on the spot. I havent used the pelts, so I cant say how they effect the pelt outcome, but as far as huge holes and destroying the pelt I can for certain say ive never encountered that with the 62gr varmint grenade.

I used 58gr Vmaxs with good success but tears up hides when quartering, so I switched to 55gr SBKs and they shoot fantastic out of my TC Venture .243. I've shot a dozen or so coyotes with them and they do not exit. Quartering, straight on, doesn't matter. This, in my opinion, is the fur friendliest 6mm coyote bullet. They sizzle at 3778 fps.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanI shot hundreds of coyotes with the 60g Sierra with win 760 when we were hunting in Mexico, and it is the best fur friendly commercial bullet we found for a 243, also the bullet is on the tougher side. You can take coyotes with this bullet quartering shots coming and going. This is a VERY accurate bullet in my 6ppc's and 6 BR's also.

Is this the Sierra 60 gr HP Varminter?

From my experience every load from 58gr to 87gr blew up coyotes. Ive had 1 non exit with an 87 Vmax. The only pass through"s with minimal damage was with 87gr Berger VLD hunting. Ive never been much for saving fur, because they arent worth anything.

Sierra 85 grain Varminter SP. I use these in my 6mm Remmy over a stout load of either 100V or IMR-4350 and it plows yotes over as well as whitetails. I have shot yotes as close as 50 yards and get an exit that is maybe an inch in diameter. I have played with the plastic tipped bullets in lighter weights but keep coming back to this bullet, try it and I think you will be pleased.

Originally Posted By: hunter97I usually run a normal deer bullet. 100 gr SP puts them down hard and usually just pokes through both sides without leaving a big hole

I run regular Deer type bullets in my .257 Bob also.

Back