WV roll call

Look me up if ya ever get down to southern wv. It's a Lil different hunti g down here. Mostly shotgun and nothing walks in. They come in with their afterburners on. It's close and fast. Last year we called in a bobcat and my partner was watching it when a yotes came out of nowhere and almost got away with his decoy.

Will do sounds like a blast. And if you are ever on the shore do the same we have the fox and that's about it but they are plentiful

OK I've got to kill a cat this year. I have tried at a couple spots in va to no avail as they are public spots and I'm sure they get called alot. You guys have some public down there?

I live right up against a 18000 acre WMA (bluestone wma). Had some action there. Called in a black one there last year. I've never run across anybody else hunting it for predators. I've hunted it day and night. They're there but it's tough hunting after deer season because of all the deer hunting pressure.

i am the only one in the family who hunts coyotes. i never take pictures, so I never write about kills. i don't carry cell phone still old school. been hunting around the house. got a lot of acreage here close. just waiting to get all deer hunters out of the woods.

Originally Posted By: old cati am the only one in the family who hunts coyotes. i never take pictures, so I never write about kills. i don't carry cell phone still old school. been hunting around the house. got a lot of acreage here close. just waiting to get all deer hunters out of the woods.

I too am from WV but located in Preston County. I also rarely take pictures and don't carry a cell phone (no service in my area). And as you, waiting for deer season to be over with. Will be night hunting beginning Jan 1. Happy hunting to you.

Good luck to all you guys. I do carry my phone but haven't had any luck posting pics. Was just wondering if anybody had any good stories. I like to know how everybody else is doing. I think there are getting to be a few more guys predator hunting in WV. Just hoping to Form a small community of story tellers on here. May the wind be at your back and the lead find the fur. Good luck to you guys. God bless.

no stories to speak of just results. most of wv is the same hills, hollers, & trees hard to dress that up most places you can't see 100 yards & the places you can, you can't get a coyote in. no place like wv. I LOVE IT.

I've done better with it at my back. Try to catch em circling downwind. It's hard to do the way the wind swirls through the mountains though.

Back