Ohio Roll Call

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrThere are a couple of us from Ross County. I'm right outside of Chillicothe myself. Havent been out yet. Hope to get out more this year. Between working on the car and being sick, I only went out a couple times last year. Shot once and missed just as expected.

Dusty, I need to get out this year. Littleman just turned one and I can get out a bit.

Got me an old belair..... Needs paint but other wise in great shape.

I'd like to learn a little about this! I live in Mahoning County but have land in Harrison County and while hunting a couple weeks ago for deer saw a pack of 5 yotes twice in the same morning. Several others saw yotes the same morning in different areas of the farm.

Originally Posted By: PM OhioMadison County here.

Anyone gone down to Deer Creek this year?

I was wondering the same thing. They have to be in there.

Heard a few years ago they were very thick around the park, I remember years ago hunting groundhogs down there and if you got one and dumped him in his hole it was gone by the following morning.Originally Posted By: ringmuskie9Originally Posted By: PM OhioMadison County here.

Originally Posted By: JLJ223Heard a few years ago they were very thick around the park, I remember years ago hunting groundhogs down there and if you got one and dumped him in his hole it was gone by the following morning.Originally Posted By: ringmuskie9Originally Posted By: PM OhioMadison County here.

I might have to give it a try. I just figured it was hunted pretty hard.

Originally Posted By: ringmuskie9Originally Posted By: JLJ223Heard a few years ago they were very thick around the park, I remember years ago hunting groundhogs down there and if you got one and dumped him in his hole it was gone by the following morning.Originally Posted By: ringmuskie9Originally Posted By: PM OhioMadison County here.

I go camping at deer creek several times a year and we always hear LOTS of them after midnight - 2am. last trip this year we heard them both friday and saturday night (end of OCT) and they didnt seem that far away from the campground area. had to be at least 20 out there making all kinds of noise. whats the rule on a high powered rifle on state park land? i always thought there was no center fire rifle allowed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WalkntallOriginally Posted By: ringmuskie9Originally Posted By: JLJ223Heard a few years ago they were very thick around the park, I remember years ago hunting groundhogs down there and if you got one and dumped him in his hole it was gone by the following morning.Originally Posted By: ringmuskie9Originally Posted By: PM OhioMadison County here.

I go camping at deer creek several times a year and we always hear LOTS of them after midnight - 2am. last trip this year we heard them both friday and saturday night (end of OCT) and they didnt seem that far away from the campground area. had to be at least 20 out there making all kinds of noise. whats the rule on a high powered rifle on state park land? i always thought there was no center fire rifle allowed.

We camp there throughout the year as well. Only thing I have even heard were coons. They are always around. We were sitting by the fire one night and had a coon walk past us. As far as I know you can use rifles in designated areas.

I know it used to be that you were not allowed out in the field with a rifle during rabbit/pheasant season and also during deer gun season, I am not sure if that has changed any(pretty sure it hasn't) and of course you need to get to some of the out of the way places to be on the safe side.

Hey guys,

Been a while, thought I'd check in.

Got a farm in Wayne County, have some horses and sheep, dogs and cats. The paying job, making calls, working the farm, keeps me super busy. Looking to retire in a year and start playing hard. LOL!

Hope y'all are doing well, and I think about the shootemup we had a few years ago. We need to do it again!

Regards,

Rudy

I just moved up into Ashland county Ohio , was living down in Holmes county for most of my life , it's good to see so many Ohio guys on here ! And badtothebone your not to far from me ! What kind of calls do you make? Might be nice to have a new hand call in the collection!

Hi Galen!

Ashland is a few minutes away. Last week I bought a new scope at Fin in Ashland.

Hop over to the Custom Calls forum. I have a Gripper call for auction there.

I'll send you a PM.

Regards!

Rudy

It seems I can't take a drive without accidentally driving into the fins parking lot haha I'll check out your calls ! Thanks

Mahoning / Columbiana here ... Dont get on here that much. My buddy lives down in Southern Ohio that I hunt with on occasion.... so looking for a partner to team up with for some upcoming contests .. HMU Good Luck Everyone

Originally Posted By: badtotheboneHey guys,

Been a while, thought I'd check in.

Got a farm in Wayne County, have some horses and sheep, dogs and cats. The paying job, making calls, working the farm, keeps me super busy. Looking to retire in a year and start playing hard. LOL!

Hope y'all are doing well, and I think about the shootemup we had a few years ago. We need to do it again!

Regards,

Rudy

Rudy, another shootemup would be great. Ol Rob doesn't do much shooting anymore. Found him a new lady friend and he gave up his man card. HAHA..... just teasing ya Rob (kinda).

But seriously, another get together would be a good time.

Back