whats your biggest coyote you've taken?

40.5 lb. for me / 44 lb. for my son but actually the largest i've killed i didn't have my scales with me at the time.

40# male here in NW IL. I was doing the calling and best friend took the shot.
Glad there was two of us to drag him out !! deep snow at the time.

Here's a 53 pounder taken in March in New York State ...

b35f4f125c58d4bdf3a302359600f767_zpsfvpeavo4.jpg

I howled in this 58 lb. male above the river cliffs in Woodford County, Ky. He was one ugly rascal and was real long coupled. If he had been as thick through the chest and shoulders as some I have killed, I feel sure he would have weighed over 60 lbs.

Biggest was 49 pounds, weighed at the old Valley Spt Ctr, Easthampton Ma in '99. the picture hung around n the store until it closed. Killed a couple more +/- a few pounds too far
to drag out.

Coy dogs get huge, look just like a coyote. Outside Iva, SC, a friend killed one that I weighed at 73 lbs. He is 6'4" and holding the coyote up as high as he could stretch his arms, the coyotes feet were barely off the ground. I called the Wild life biologist and she said that the coy dogs in our area get huge but that one was unusually large.

I have a picture somewhere of him holding the coyote, the girth on that coyote is something that was hard to believe.

Originally Posted By: ackleyman I called the Wild life biologist and she said that the coy dogs in our area get huge but that one was unusually large.

Was it taken in for DNA testing? Also SC was stocked with red wolves.. I have not heard of cross breeding between dogs and coyotes in the wild...I am not sure if it has ever been documented If it has,I would think it is very rare... Dan

Back