Budget scope. Bushnell 3-9x40mm Trophy XLT Series

JaxTeller

On a budget. Looking for a scope for a yet undetermined rifle that I want to buy in 2016. More than likely a TC Venture. Will be a backup deer rifle.

Any thoughts on this scope? Bushnell Trophy XLT series.

I have one in 1.5-6x40mm ww/ill. Dot. It is serviceable with an excellent illuminated dot that will dim down enough that it isn't overpowering in low light conditions. It does have some fisheye on the lowest power and I isnt quite as clear as my Sightron, Alpen or Burris in the same power range but they are all three to four times the cost. It makes a good coyote calling scope out to 300 yards, my personal range limit. I still use it but not on a goto rifle as I have better options, for me it makes a reliable back up scope.

It wont be fancy or crystal clear but it will work. They are what we usw on our 22s. These are guns that ride the tractor and 4 wheeler all the time. I have never had a bushnell that would not hold its zero.

Originally Posted By: AWSYou might want to look at the Burris Fullfield ll also.

And if you like that in the 4.5-14x it is made by Pentax (the exact same scope in the Whitetail Hunter) at $220 or so.

I held off on my scope purchase. I am going to save my money and pick up a Vortex Crossfire II with the V-Brite reticle later in the spring. No point in rushing in, given that I am not going to buy the rifle till next spring or summer anyway....

Love my Crossfire II (V-Plex Reticle) that I have on my 204.

Back