308 small primer

Lou

Ok guys, I end p with a box of Lapua 308 small primer. I just want to know if I have to reload these different that the large primer brass. Currently I'm reloading 46GR of Varget behind 168 gr Sierra. Do I need to change anything? Thanks for your help.

Lou

SP Lapua Palma brass is good. Just load it as regular. Personally I would look at chronograph numbers and maybe experiment with standard vs magnum primers.

Greg

Originally Posted By: old catforget what i said I did not know lapau made small primer brass.

What? You mean you learned something on here?
wink.gif

Fun ...... ain't it? I learn stuff on here a LOT.
thumbup.gif

Confession time: I been reloading for 30 years, and until about a month ago I didn't know it existed either.
blushing.gif

Originally Posted By: GLShooterSP Lapua Palma brass is good. Just load it as regular. Personally I would look at chronograph numbers and maybe experiment with standard vs magnum primers.

Greg

Yep! And you could (maybe) get it a little bit hotter with the SRP as the web is thicker allowing for more pressure. This why it exists. The Palma world uses it to get the most out of their 155 gr bullets.

You know, over 30 years ago Remington sold .308 BR brass that used a small rifle primer. I know because I used to by it and necked it down to use in my 7-08 XP100 IHMSA unlimited pistol. It shot no better than regular .308 brass but it cost more so I quit using it.

Hey guys, thanks for the information I will load some and shoot it thru the chronograph to see what it does. Of course I need to wait for better weather.

PS I always learning in this here site.

LOL

Lou

Back