Aquila 6x gets a Backup from Thor

crowkiller51

Scouted some Soybean Fields last nite and spotted with the Thor Thermal this Large Sounder about 900-1000 yards away. The fields I hunt are Large, but have drainage ditches keep you from going directly straight to the sounders. So I had to go about 3/4 mile around to approach from down wind. I was out of view most of the way, then had to go over a ridge to look And Dang they had moved about 300 yards from where the were. I had one more uncross-able Ditch between them and me. So I moved in to about 200-225 yards away (the closest I could get)and decided now or never. They were nervous,(Full Moon). Deployed the Aquila 6x 22/250 Ackley and let her RIP! Multiple Hogs Died.

Last edited:
After all that excitement I regrouped, then moved on the the swamp area and spotted one more small sounder.
I was able to stalk in to about 50 yards then let the Thor Thermal 5.56DD Barreled Speak.
And it said "Dead Hog".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Nice. Even though that scope is a hog itself, it sure is working well for you.

Nice going.

Yeah She's Big (the Aquila that is ), But I like Plus Size Girls.

Last edited:
That's great! You are on a roll here lately, I'm just going to have to go out and kill some myself after looking at your nice kill pics and get the juices going!

Back