Adjustable Gas Block Suppressed

If you adjust the gas block to cycle suppressed without the blowback, will the rifle still cycle if the suppressor is removed?

it is not about cycling of the action.
sure, most if not all guns will cycle just fine with a can. but why put more gas to the bolt than needed? excessive gas just hammers the bolt and the lower.

remember that your zero with and without the can will be different. also, amount of gas changes point of impact. zero your rifle as you intend to hunt, with the can, with the gas turned down as far as you can and still function reliably. then leave it alone!

Agree with Kino. If you adjust the gas down for the suppressor to minimize gas-face and still allow suppressed action cycling your action will be unlikely to cycle if you remove the can. But why remove the can?

Sendit

^^^^^ Exactly!! Why have a can and not run it? I've yet to see a person that owns a quality can want to shoot unsuppressed! Most guys are trying to figure out how to put one on every gun!

Last edited:
Has anyone used an Odin Works adjustable gas block? They make quality parts and I doubt their gas blocks would be any different.

^^^ That will work as well as a $100 AGB.
I run the Ergo AGB on my AR15s and have never had an issue once I got it set.

Back