Magpul forend/ gas block problems

The Minge

Hey guys, not necessarily new to AR's, have 3, one built on my own. But I tried putting a magpul handgaurd mid length onto my Anderson mid length barrel with round handgaurd cap and magpul railed gas block. My problem is with out handgaurd cap rifle cycles fine, but when install the cap it short cycles. Is there a certain gas block to use? I thought that if anything with the cap off the gas block should be slid ahead? A little help would will be appreciated.

I think you guys mis-understood what he's saying. He's trying to use a standard type handguard, not ff tube. When he puts the metal front cap between the step of the barrel and the gas block, it mis-aligns the gas port causing it to short stroke.

It sounds like you will need a different gas block, and I'm not sure which ones are designed for that. Or you could have the thickness of the hanguard cap milled off of the gas block. Or, probably what I would try is opening up the gas port in the gas block just a little so it doesn't block gas flow.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI think you guys mis-understood what he's saying. He's trying to use a standard type handguard, not ff tube. When he puts the metal front cap between the step of the barrel and the gas block, it mis-aligns the gas port causing it to short stroke.

It sounds like you will need a different gas block, and I'm not sure which ones are designed for that. Or you could have the thickness of the hanguard cap milled off of the gas block. Or, probably what I would try is opening up the gas port in the gas block just a little so it doesn't block gas flow.
In that case it would actually have to be exerting pressure on the gas tube its self, not necessarily on the gas block, gas blocks are ridged or supposed to be !

Last edited:
Back