Fusion tripod adaptor

possumal

Here is my method of creating a tripod adaptor for my Fusion. It involves a tripod I purchased for $16.95 from a seller named Altatac on eBay, including shipping. It is 20" high set up at its lowest neight, and is 20" long when folded up to carry, and weighs 1 lb. 9 oz..

The adaptor consists of the quick connect from the tripod, attached with 2 rivets to a piece of aluminum plate, 6 1/2" long and 2" wide, and 2 small sheet metal screws. I'll be glad to help anyone with details if you pm me.

You can also epoxy a 3/4" nut to the bottom of the Fusion and then screw the quick connect screw into that. I much prefer my system especially when it is extremely cold, as I can set up in under 15 seconds, solid as can be. I sometimes use the SP60 speaker with the Fusion, and simply hang it on the tripod handle or lay it on a nearby stump or rock. Here are a couple of pictures:

That's a great idea Al. I've long wondered what to do about this dilemma. Forgive me for asking what might be clear in the picture, but you screwed the adaptor into the bottom of your Fusion correct?

The adaptor is riveted to the piece of aluminum. The piece of aluminum is screwed to the bottom of the Fusion. The way this is set up, it is lightning fast to attach to the tripod, and doesn't affect your Fusion if you don't want to use the tripod.

i have a similar setup but i used 1/4 inch lexon taped it 1/4 -20 for the tripod and used Velcro on the bottom on each end. i didn't have to drill into my fusion.

Back