Report: Another gun stolen from federal official tied to San Francisco-area murder

Mr. Poppadopalis

The fatal shooting of an Oakland muralist marks the second time in roughly two months that a gun stolen from a federal official allegedly was used in a San Francisco-area murder.

A local CBS TV station reported Tuesday that the gun allegedly used to kill muralist Antonio Ramos on Sept. 29 was stolen 16 days earlier from an Immigration and Customs Enforcement official.

ICE has acknowledged the theft but has neither confirmed nor denied whether that gun was used to kill Ramos, 27, while he was working on a peace mural beneath an overpass.

“A duty weapon belonging to an officer with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Enforcement and Removal Operations was stolen Sept. 13 in San Francisco from a vehicle being used by the officer,” the agency said in a statement. “The theft was properly reported to local authorities and through official federal channels.”

The agency told FoxNews.com on Wednesday that it has no new information and that the incident remains under investigation.

Ramos was killed about 11 weeks after Kate Steinle, 32, was fatally shot along San Francisco’s Pier 14, allegedly by an illegal immigrant from Mexico.

That gun reportedly was stolen from a Bureau of Land Management ranger’s vehicle while he was on official government travel; the theft was immediately reported to authorities, the bureau said at the time.

Francisco Sanchez, who said he found the weapon wrapped in a T-shirt under a bench, was later charged with murder. The killing sparked nationwide attention because Sanchez had been recently released from jail, where he was being held on a drug charge, despite federal authorities asking that he be detained for deportation proceedings. Sanchez already had been deported several times and had multiple felony convictions, and his release by the San Francisco County Sheriff’s Office reignited the debate about San Francisco and other so-called “sanctuary cities.”

In the Ramos killing, the TV station reports that a law enforcement source made the connection between the stolen gun and Ramos’s death.

Police last week arrested Marquise Holloway, 20, in connection with the killing and with second-degree robbery.

Oakland homicide detective Lt. Roland Holmgren said the incident started when Ramos, 27, was taking a break from painting and snapping pictures of his mural.

Holloway then allegedly walked by and began eyeing Ramos’s camera equipment, which led to an altercation and the fatal shooting.

Holloway is known to hang around the same neighborhood of west Oakland where Ramos was killed and is also believed to be responsible for a string of robberies in the area, Holmgren also said.

And nothing will be done! The America people want justice for Kate Steinle (Kates Law) as I am sure they will about this gentleman, how is it that 1 Democrat can out vote the entire nation?

Sad, sad day for America;-(

I will avoid Commiefornia at all costs......................

Hmm, so maybe before they start talking about more Gun control laws they start enforcing the ones they have, and oh I don't know, maybe do a better job of limiting the people on the Government roles running around with guns. They don't seem to be able to hang onto them to well.

I would also think they should cut the budget of all agencies that think they need their own swat teams..
I can't understand why the BLM, Dept of education, and EPA need guns. How about taking those away?

I'd like to know why a state like CA that despises firearms, why so many departments have people that are armed working for them. Like Tbone said, it deserves an explanation. I don't recall hearing about gov. workers getting jacked up on the job. And just think if one of us left a gun laying in our vehicle. You can bet the weight of the law would be upon us. That's what I'm really tired of seeing nowadays. Selective enforcement.

LOL Its typical Kommiefornia logic. Just Google " Gayyvin Newsome's latest proposal. A background check to purchase Ammo?. We need "Kates Law" as well as a law that puts Gubbamint employees accountable for their weapons. Legal gun owners do not do this.

Quote:The fatal shooting of an Oakland muralist marks the second time in roughly two months that a gun stolen from a federal official allegedly was used in a San Francisco-area murder.

Wait.....
scared.gif
....wait! Do you really think criminals would stoop to stealing weapons that they then use to commit a crime? REALLY? Well, whodathunkit
huh.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996 Quote:The fatal shooting of an Oakland muralist marks the second time in roughly two months that a gun stolen from a federal official allegedly was used in a San Francisco-area murder.

Wait.....
scared.gif
....wait! Do you really think criminals would stoop to stealing weapons that they then use to commit a crime? REALLY? Well, whodathunkit
huh.gif

Regards,
hm

Well, if we had Comprehensive Background Checks, and did away with that damm Gun Show Loophole, this never would have happened!

government employees, they have to screw up real bad before anyone even cares. even when someone does notice, the attitude is "they are government employees, just serving their country. just an honest mistake"

i think ALL law enforcement, ALL government employees should be held to a HIGHER standard. lose your duty gun to theft from a vehicle? not only are you financially responsible for its replacement, but you are prosecuted for leaving government property unsecured.

Read this and the fact that stands out the most is some animal, killing a man painting a peace mural..

Also, I thought it was only the U.S. govt that took firearms from ICE agents...

Back