Repost of HTRN Field Review (Armasight Gen 1 Vampire and Gen 1 Spark)

HTRN57

Folks,

I have been given the go ahead by PM administration to repost my original field reviews of eight (8) night vision setups I originally posted about 3 weeks ago. However, I will space them approximately one week apart to avoid "over commercialization" of the forum. I thank all of you for your support and feedback that most likely lead to a decision to leave posts like these here in the night hunting forum. I will start with the low cost Gen 1 devices and work my way up to Gen 3.

I post these reviews not only to promote the products that I sell but to also to get feed back from those of you who may have already had direct experience with these units (good or bad). I do not mind it if you post bad experiences you have had with these units or the company that builds them. It is generally your negative feedback that makes its way back to the manufacturer so they can fix the problem or scrap the product altogether. So do not hold back if you have had a bad experience with the manufacturer's product or with their customer service. Likewise feel free to share your good experience, or things that you may have done to make the product work better. Following is our original posting of our field review of the Armasight Vampire Gen 1 3X riflescope and the Armasight Gen 1 Spark monocular. Thanks again for your support, Kevin

Repost*************************************************

Folks,

Here is our review of the Armasight Vampire Gen 1 3X Night Vision Riflescope and the Armasight Spark Gen 1 1X monocular. These scopes utilize a new technology (CORE) that we discuss in the video. These units were tested in three different light environments (no moon, half moon, and full moon) and with/without IR assistance from the HTRN T-20 850nm device. We offer both units in our beginner NV hunting package that you can access from the link below. This review should answer a lot of questions about the effectiveness of these Gen 1 devices for hunting, performance under various lighting conditions, and how they perform with/without IR assistance. Hope you enjoy the review and feel free to contact us if you have questions. Kevin

Armasight Vampire 3X Riflescope Review:

Armasight Spark 1X Monocular Review:

HTRN Beginner NV Hunter Package (Includes two (2) HTRN T-20 850nm IR devices, Vampire 3X NV Riflescope, and your choice of 4 optional scanning devices (binoculars or monocular) : http://www.hightechredneckincorporated.com/product-p/nvpd1050.htm

Nice work Kev!!!

Always have enjoyed your reviews and they have helped a lot of PM members de de which unit best fits their needs and taint the time to shop around for a good price

I too appreciate your reviews Kevin. You provide a good resource to this forum. Thanks to the PM administration for allowing this to happen. I understand the concern about commercialization of the forum, but am glad that sensible moderation prevailed.

Thanks !! Hopefully the Gen 1 reviews will demonstrate that you don't have to have the most expensive NV out there to get in the night calling game. If you can't afford the really expensive stuff then go with conventional lights or consider the higher quality digital or Gen 1/Gen 2+ NV options out there. I believe that most of you whom have taken to calling predators at night can attest, a hunter should see an exponential increase in night time calling responsiveness over daytime sets in most cases. If you can simply equip yourself with the tools that will allow you to safely and successfully take predators at night, you should also experience an exponential increase in harvest rate success. At least I did !! Kevin

PS - Happy Thanksgiving to all !!

Originally Posted By: HTRN57Thanks !! Hopefully the Gen 1 reviews will demonstrate that you don't have to have the most expensive NV out there to get in the night calling game.

Well said. I got tired of hearing the same old "broken record" sound of "save your money for a Gen 3". I used a Gen 1 scope over the course of two seasons and put several coyotes, a 31 pound bobcat, numerous fox, possums and skunks down. The new Gen 1 Vampire appears to be even better than the scope I had. It all just depends on the way a guy hunts and distance involved, as well as the illuminator used.

That was a great review of the Vampire, Kevin. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one if bait site hunting for hogs or coyotes, and for close range calling work.

Back