Lee customer service UPDATE

Brownie

Has anyone had to use lees customer service? I had a couple of decapping pins break on some dies trying to set up a lee loadmaster (which has been a pain in the arse) and was wondering if they will rplace parts or if I should just order new ones. the decapping pins aren't replaceable so I would need the whole assembly.

Update: I emailed lee about the decaping pins and they are sending me 2 new ones free of charge. They had me send then pictures of the broken ones and I got a reply email with tracking information on the replacement ones. I know lots of guys don't like lee but it's what I can afford and their single stage press has always produced good consistent ammo.

Last edited:
I bought a package of LEE shell holders that claimed to be universal fit for all presses....1/2 of them fit my Rock Chucker Supreme the other have did not....I contacted LEE and got a you should have bought a LEE press and they would have fit response. That set of shell holders cost me $10.99 if I remember right and that's the last cent they'll ever get out of me. I despise LEE anything, if it came down to LEE or nothing I'd buy loaded ammo instead. They don't have CS in my opinion....mind you this was over 10 yrs ago....I've spent thousands on reloading gear...with RCBS, Hornady, Lyman and Dillon.....not another penny with them.

The two experiences I've had with Lee customer service were poor at best and basically any broken part must be purchased. That was quite a long time ago but it pretty much eliminated any future purchases from me.

Both my experiences were good. First time I broke the toggle on the Lee hand primer. I called them and ordered two. The tech told me to use a light lube on the contacts and I wouldn't have a problem. 20 years later the second toggle is still in the parts bin. The other time I called I had gotten two turrets for the four hole Classic and they did not line up properly. The tech guy told me that a batch had gotten out of the factory. He sent me two replacements ASAP.

Originally Posted By: Dixiedog1 I despise LEE anything, if it came down to LEE or nothing I'd buy loaded ammo instead.

Now that is worth quoting. My experience was not positive. They offered to sell me a discounted replacement hand primer for just slightly more than I could buy it from Midway.

Last edited:
I have had nothing but good luck with Lee products. The one time I had a problem with a die, they sent me a new one.

I got the wrong shell holder in a set of dies, called them and had it in 3 days and didn't have to send the wrong one back. The only problem I've had with bad customer service was Forster. They will never see anymore of my money.

I have owned 5 Pro 1000s nothing but good to say about Lee! If money was no object ya i would have top line Dillon Stuff....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Goe BlowI have owned 5 Pro 1000s nothing but good to say about Lee! If money was no object ya i would have top line Dillon Stuff....

Im waiting on some funds to get dies and a shell plate for my .40 and then I plan on tinkering with it to get it set up and cranking out pistol rounds. any advice on set up?

The only problem / CS dealing I had with them was similar; sent them a picture of a crimp die where the collet portion did not clean up (meaning the raw material was sawed just a tad short).
They sent me just the collet portion instead of a new complete die which I thought was a little titewadish, but fixed my complaint.
Yeah Lee products definately not the Cadilac of reloading equipment, but it`s working for me.

I've switched to Lee decades ago and haven't had any trouble other than not reading instructions of set up correctly. I had trouble with my PRO-1000 and took the time to go to Lee's office and talk to a technician. He asked me to have a seat and i waited in the lobby. When he came back with the 1000, they completely cleaned it up and put in all new guts, primer loader and wouldn't take a penny for there trouble. Got home, set it up and it has been going for the last 10,000 rounds and still works great. It was my forcing of shells that got me in trouble to begin with. I phoned them the other day about using a different primer (S & B) as they only advise CCI & Remington, he spent a whole lot of time talking to me about that and why, and about the priming devise on that model and what is coming out new to take the old priming tray away and a new one tray on the market. I got no beef with those people.

Back