Budget handguard

I need a suggestion for a handguard in the 10-12" range. I need it to be free-floating and rails aren't really a big deal as long as I have a short rail on the bottom or another way to attach a bipod. Any suggestions on what you guys have used and liked? I would like to keep it below $100.

Thanks

My two favorites currently, check out the Young vented ff tubes at JSEsurplus, they run about $50. I'm going to try the Matrix handguards from Joebobs, they are super slim and run from $55 and up depending on length. I got one to use on a dedicated 22lr build that was a gift and loved the look and feel. It's my understanding they will only fit over very lo profile gas blocks.

I gave up on any ff tubes that weren't index-able. That style causes issues if you drill a hole for sling stud, if you ever decide to change barrels, etc, the hole will usually be in the wrong spot.

Dtech sells a really nice one also that used to sell for $100 even.

+ 1

Matrix Arms 13" Keymod Freefloat can be had for $50-$70 (depending where you get it) and other lengths for well under $100

Joe Bob is a PM sponsor and great to deal with!

I've found good deals on Nordic float tubes a few times. Good product. Even though it uses a proprietary barrel nut, it works with a standard wrench. I like the locking collar on the nut to let me index the tube, it's been a solid system on the rifles I've built with it. Want to say I've gotten them on sale each time for $40-60.

Back