33 lb female tonight

1trkyhntr

I killed this 33 lb female tonight.
I scanned the field with the FLIR before I turned on the call, all I saw was 2 raccoons and some cows. I turned on the call, Nutty Nuthatch, and started scanning with the FLIR to my far right. I immediately saw a target cut through the edge of the woods. It was running so I knew that it was not another raccoon. I turned on the scope and swiveled around from right to left. I saw two coyotes coming straight to me at 50 yards. I put the cross hairs on the first one and barked for it to stop. It checked up at about 35 yards and I pulled the trigger. It started spinning so I put another one in it. DRT. I looked for the 2nd coyote but I only caught a glimpse of it as it hit mach 2 and left.
From the time that I turned on the call until the time that the coyote hit the ground dead was less than 1 minute.
The fog settled in so I had to quit for the night. It is 60+ degrees here and has been raining all day.

Last edited:

Wow, that's some fast action.

The shortest call session I ever had was a bobcat at about two minutes. Usually when something does respond here, it's more like 20-30 minutes.

Nice going.

Back