No charges for Colorado wolf shooter

Don't matter what the circumstances... The bunny hugger so want to crucify all hunters... While they enjoy McDonald's food.. At least no animals list their life to make any of their food...

as s holes

No intent, mistaken identity, turned self in...sounds legit. Then again, folks shoot spike elk (deer) in cow (doe) only season by mistake, turn themselves in, and they get fined. Usually just the minimum and they keep the critter.

Kind of makes me wonder if the penalty for shooting a wolf isn't so stoopidly outlandish that not prosecuting is the only sensible thing to do...

Originally Posted By: Reuters News Article Michael Robinson, a conservation advocate with the Center for Biological Diversity, said the shooter violated the first rule of hunting by not identifying his target before firing.

"The Justice Department should resume prosecuting those who kill endangered wildlife, and the Interior Department should develop a national wolf recovery plan to ensure that the fate of wolves in an entire state cannot be determined by any number of negligent or rogue shooters," he said.

Robinson said "the word is out" among people who illegally kill wolves that they can avoid prosecution by claiming that they thought they were shooting a coyote.

http://news.yahoo.com/no-charges-colorado-hunter-mistakenly-killed-gray-wolf-034942945.html
I got to call BS on Michael Robinson, conservation advocate with The Center for Biological Perversity.

The conservation officers in Colorado had to send a DNA specimen to a lab to confirm the animal was a wolf and not some other canine. If conservation officers cannot tell the difference, hunters cannot be expected to know the difference either.

A national wolf recovery plan would not include the wolves that straddle the international borders with Canada and Mexico. The wolf population in Canada has never been protected and hunters there can shoot wolves with unlimited bag/possession limits. The Northern Rocky Mountain Gray Wolves have been documented to travel as far south as AZ questioning the need for Mexican Wolves to be recovered in AZ and NM. About 90% of the Mexican Wolves are found in Mexico and Central America, not the USA. For these and other reasons, a national wolf recovery plan would be inadequate to protect the overall wolf population. It would be ridiculous to do it based on a statewide level.

Last edited:
#$%$. I'm not a hunter but even I can tell the difference between a coyote and a WOLF. And if this guy had a permit to hunt coyotes said:
wolves aren’t born 3 times bigger than yotes. Their size ,color and features can be just like yotes the first year. I'd bet every member of this forum could misidentify one looking through a scope at 200-300yds.
Just saying.
DEF

Last edited:
It amazes me how many tree lovers advocate for the wolves but do nothing for conservation. They also don't realize you can't have a predator population the same as the prey population. And they do absolutely nothing and do not realize hunters support most of the funding for all the animals that the libtards/ hippies/ bunny humpers (like that one) like to watch and oh goodness don't hurt them. If that was the case then these dumb morons shouldn't drive to work, not live in their house, nor eat anything from a grocery store and the list goes on. They piss me off more than anything. Sorry for the rant.

Out here in my area..YES there is quite a difference in size,posture and how a wolf moves that makes them very distinct over a coyote.At almost any set I make,very slim but I may have a wolf come in...But when these "experts" claim there is no known wolf activity in Colorado,and 9.999 out of 10 people have never seen a wolf ,likely it would not even cross a typical coyote hunters mind.
Again the "experts" had to send it in for DNA? Come on folks..
Glad it turned out well for the hunter.

Back