Obama to push gun control in last year.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZman.. And here i was thinking that we might actually start to see 22lr on the shelfs again after 3 or 4 years.

I doubt that anything Obama does will have any impact on the sales and distribution of 22 LR ammo. In fact there seems to be a better supply of 22LR ammo in my area of Southern IN right now. I actually bought a brick of Federal 22LR ammo the other day for 27 dollars. The last time I bought a brick of 22LR ammo a year ago it cost me $70. So the price is coming way down and the supply is up these days. And the county were I live is rumored to be building a 22 LR ammo factory this year. It was announced in the news the past few months but I've not hear anything else to date.

Now Obama may want to go after what he called an Assault Rifle and that most gun folks call the Modern Sporting Rifle of 2015. Where as the 1776 MSR was a smooth bore musket. Obama is wrong to try to restrict these or any other firearms until the congress and the president and the states change the US Constitution to allow them to do so. I blame the US Supreme Court for not ruling properly as to the meaning of the 4th amendment. These justices could have prevented this non sense a long long time ago. They are giving the local government leaders, state leader and the federal leaders to chip away slowly at the 4th amendment rights of our citizens to bear arms.

I have thought for years once he became a lame duck President that he would go for broke on the issue...what does he have to lose.

DISCLOSURE: I AM NOT AN OBAMA SUPPORTER. Just looking at it from the history of gun control.

Obama is a small problem to our 2nd amendment but we are to blame for these laws. If he hasn't gotten what he wants already it will not stand with Congress or SCOTUS. Us as citizens let our government pass all the unconstitutional laws such as mag limits, requiring license, having to have a stamp for a suppressor, having to have a stamp for an SBR, restrictions on weapons because of the way they look, background checks (doesn't do any good), fingerprints, and the list goes on. Also the firearm community is one of the most divided communities out there.. This gun control has been happening long before a lot of us were alive. NFA, BATF being able to control firearms etc. We as citizens should follow what our Constitution states and of course we don't and do not expressing our 1st amendment where it matters. The government tries to strip them away little by little and frankly I would be more worried about state levels than the federal level. Look at California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Hawaii, Connecticut, etc.

There is a reason why we have the the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. If it wasn't for this we would be living in a place where we are subjects to our government (starting to become like that). If us as citizens keep doing this and following this path we will eventually not have these rights. And to have our rights being stripped away is only to be expected if we just not say a word or fight for our own rights. A lot of us on here are vets or at least I would assume. We sure as heck take an Oath to fight for our "freedoms" and go over to other countries but the moment a politicians takes a pen to a paper to restrict our rights we cower down...... Hmmm.... History will eventually repeat itself lets hope that it just doesn't get so bad where all our rights will be stripped away and we can't stand up for our own rights. Our founding fathers have been rolling in their graves for the last 100 years.

Sorry for the rant but it is the honest truth. If we want to see real patriots look of the Battle of Athens, Tennessee.

Last edited:
The 60 Minutes show that aired tonight will make him look like even more of a fool than he is. "Take your own action to defend yourself" was the main theme of the show.

I can not remember being given a chance to vote on gun laws. I have never even been polled on these issues. So, if you live in a liberal controlled state in which only the politicians get to vote, then how do we turn this around? Its not just liberal states. It has to be everywhere because the Republican states "representitives" are voting that way as well? Please tell us how to prevent this?

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357I can not remember being given a chance to vote on gun laws. I have never even been polled on these issues. So, if you live in a liberal controlled state in which only the politicians get to vote, then how do we turn this around? Its not just liberal states. It has to be everywhere because the Republican states "representitives" are voting that way as well? Please tell us how to prevent this?
Simple citizens petition their governments. Look at Texas how they were only allowed to open carry long guns or black powder pistols. The citizens petitioned their government now starting at the 1st of the new year they can open carry "centerfire" sidearms and also carry on campus. Founding fathers laid it out for us. It is for us to follow.
I'm not advocating for Revolution but for us Constitutionalist to stand together. If we stand together this won't happen. One example I will give you is the gay community. That community in itself fights for whatever has to deal with being homosexual. They petition, they put their word out there and look at the progress that community has made over the last 15 years...... We as gun owners, supporters of the Constitution should stand just as strong if not stronger.
Go read the battle of Athens Tennessee. It is about a local corrupted government and was taken back by GIs that came back from WWII.

Last edited:
Obama keeps bringing up loop holes and such.Never mind his selling all those guns to drug cartels via Fast and Furious.He said it's insanity to allow people on the no fly list to buy guns.Well since they're such a threat.Why are they free to walk our streets?

Originally Posted By: TrapShooter12He is ensuring that there won't be a Democrat President for the next 16 to 14 years.

I hope your right.

Back