Are there coyote in Oklahoma?

millerjq

So yeah, dumb question, there are coyote everywhere it seems.
I'm wondering how the hunting is there. If anyone hunts coyote there.
I was recently informed we may inherit some land there.
I can't remember if it was 200 or 400 something acres, but a good chunk.
My first thoughts, hunting/getaway trips.

I'd say that Oklahoma is one of top coyote hunting states, based on the numbers posted by guys like Kelly Jackson. One or two of the FoxPro shows were made in Oklahoma showing lots of responding coyotes and bobcats.

No kidding? Haven't seen the shows, but that's awesome news for me.
I'll have to see if I can find out exactly where it's at and give it a quick scouting at least.

Originally Posted By: possumalI'd say that Oklahoma is one of top coyote hunting states, based on the numbers posted by guys like Kelly Jackson. One or two of the FoxPro shows were made in Oklahoma showing lots of responding coyotes and bobcats.

Haven't ya heard, ain't many left now, Jeremy done got most of 'em.
wink.gif
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

After watch a few videos in Oklahoma it seems like there are plenty to go around. Now if I had a destination to pick for hunting coyotes it would be Nevada. Resident and non-resident don't even need a hunting license and from what I have read it is one of the top states!

Last edited:
Well I've been to Oklahoma plenty of times. My grandma lives there and they refuse to move.
Love their little town.
And the land is just that, land. Which I am all for.
But I've never even thought about traveling there to hunt until now.
Not sure if or when we will get it, but I sure hope we do.

all you need is just a bit of cover on the property to hold them and you'll have it made in the shade. Cover isn't a deal breaker but it sure helps.

Last edited:
They are plentiful in the North western part of Oklahoma. I moved out here from Arizona a few years back (job relocation). I don't own land but seems the farmers don't have any problem giving permission to hunt yotes on private property. If you sit on a watering hole long enough you will see one! Lol

Back