22 hornet reloads

sniper81

im new to the hornet game just got a savage walking varminter was wondering what would be a good load to try using h110 for tree rats and coyotes

My .22 Hornet is a 10" T/C Contender and I've worked up two loads for this handgun.

Both loads use the 40 grain Hornady Vmax bullet, Winchester cases, CCI 500 small pistol primers and are seated 1.900".

My normal load is 9.5 grain of H110.

Tried Lil Gun this year and it looks like 12.5 grain is just the ticket. O

Originally Posted By: sniper81neck or full length size

Neck size. Of course, I'm assuming that these were fired in your rifle.

years ago I bought a win m43 in 22hornet with a bad spot in the blr...it would not group fact ammo and I tried 6 dif bullets and powder combos before hitting on barnes 40gr blue pill and 14 gr of lil gun...now I see that is prob overloaded, but does it shoot..been shooting piegons at 100 to 150 yds and it doesn't miss many....might be worth a try...larry

just shot some ppu 45gr sp factory ammo and it didnt group so well i will finish up the box for the brass and start reloading gotta decide on the bullet weight

With the Hornet, Lilgun powder has become the 'Gold Standard' by which other powders are judged.

I use a Lee Collet Die to neck size, Lilgun powder, usually 13.0grs, a small pistol primer and a 45gr bullet, usually a Barnes XLC.

Do try small rifle primers as well, but most of my loads use a spp.

My rifle is a Ruger M77 sporter.

Do you have access to Accurate 1680? It and Lil Gun are the two best in my K Hornet. I used to use a hot charge of H110, but brass life was short.

Sorry, like most replies so far, I use Lil Gun (12.3gr.) with small pistol primers and 35 gr Vmax for my Cadet Martini action 22 Hornet reloading. Never tried any H110.

Back