AR double tap problem ?

Goe Blow

I have an ar that if i let the trigger reset slowly it will fire as long as i let it reset quickly im ok. Ive tried about six diff mil spec triggers/ hammer combinations and it will still double tap if reset slowly??? it happens to be an Anderson lower...

Last edited:
Don't throw something at me, but the problem could be the disconnector spring being installed upside down. Double check to be certain of this. It's not uncommon.

Originally Posted By: HidalgoDon't throw something at me, but the problem could be the disconnector spring being installed upside down. Double check to be certain of this. It's not uncommon.

your talking the spring has a small end and a larger end and is about 1/4- inches long right ?

Yes. (Thanks Greg ... I went to bed early.
blushing.gif
)

Let us know how this turns out. That's how we all learn!

You don't have any problems with trigger pins walking do you? I had an AR that had trigger pins that walked a bit and I would have a double tap from time to time. Changed to anti-walks and have had no problems since

your disconector timing is off.
File the small pad on the front of the disconnector so it releases later.
Go slow, it doesn’t take much

Originally Posted By: velvetantyour disconector timing is off.
File the small pad on the front of the disconnector so it releases later.
Go slow, it doesn’t take much Ok i did that and now it wont even catch when released quickly maybe i filed the wrong area !!!!

Originally Posted By: velvetant
This is the spot you need to remove material from:

cool i was wrong,,,, thanks velvetant i appreciate your help,,, now if i could just figure out an easy way to get all those parts to line up for the pin

Originally Posted By: Goe Blow,,, now if i could just figure out an easy way to get all those parts to line up for the pin

Cuss once, try twice. Repeat as necessary.

PROBLEM SOLVED thanks guys For all the help! velvetant Hidalgo GLShooter disconnect spring was upside down and after grinding a little off of the disconnector things now work properly......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: velvetantGlad you got it sorted out,
BTW, a spare AR15 firing pin makes a great slave pin to reassemble triggers LOL thanks its a little late now ! I found my roll pin punch worked very well an hour into it !!!!

Originally Posted By: Goe BlowOriginally Posted By: velvetantGlad you got it sorted out,
BTW, a spare AR15 firing pin makes a great slave pin to reassemble triggers LOL thanks its a little late now ! I found my roll pin punch worked very well an hour into it !!!!

Butt end of a drill bit works great.

Regards,
hm

Back