NEVER EVER BUY A BUSHMASTER CARBON 15!!!!

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfitters...I wouldn't want to use it for butt-stroking people, but the average guy will never push any lower to its breaking point.

+1. This sums up what every rational, reasonable, common sense person knows. The average mall-ninja, tacticool operator operating operationally will never meet the outer limits of any of their hardware. I have a first run NFA polymer lower to which I attached a buffer tube WITHOUT cracking the threads, LOL, as well as other components and have not had any issues with durability.

It has been thrown into the bed of my trucks many, many times, slung over shoulders thrown back into the trucks...and surprise surprise, it still functions and has no cracks. I also don't do push-ups on it like recently demonstrated by some biased video.

buy once cry once. love my noveske's! Handles bumps, bangs, drops, and basically running the sh!t out of it like a champ. To each there own but I would stick with aluminum, regardless of brand.

Originally Posted By: AdamTbuy once cry once. love my noveske's! Handles bumps, bangs, drops, and basically running the sh!t out of it like a champ. To each there own but I would stick with aluminum, regardless of brand. .

X2

Polymer lowers may work fine, and they may not. I have seen as many fail as not. When there are so many aluminum lowers out there, however, I just dont see the point. At all.

Cost and weigh are two points. Life would be so boring if we didn't have variety to choose from. Don't like them, don't buy them.

Cost? A forged stripped lower is less than 50 bucks without even trying...less than 30 with even a modicum of effort.

Weight? 4 oz at most....Come on.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadCost? A forged stripped lower is less than 50 bucks without even trying...less than 30 with even a modicum of effort.

And a complete lower comparison is about $110 for NFA Poly at JoeBob's vs. about $150 for a PSA complete lower at PSA. Weight diff is about a half a pound for the complete lowers. Half a pound is a bunch if you're hiking way out there for the average human.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadCost? A forged stripped lower is less than 50 bucks without even trying...less than 30 with even a modicum of effort.

Under $30 for a forged lower? Do you have a link? That seems awful cheap. As in, cheaper than 1000+ qty pricing.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: liliysdadCost? A forged stripped lower is less than 50 bucks without even trying...less than 30 with even a modicum of effort.

Under $30 for a forged lower? Do you have a link? That seems awful cheap. As in, cheaper than 1000+ qty pricing.

i made 4 modicums of effort trying to find all these under $30 stripped lower receivers. did not find even one. lilydad, why don't you help us and post a link or 2.

Maybe I spoke too soon...I don't currently see any sales on Anderson Lowers. That being said, they are all over the Web at 39.99, and frequently go on sale for 29.99. AIM Surplus, for example, has a couple of different versions for 39.99

I do apologize for stepping on my junk without looking first....but I stand by my statements. At 40 bucks for a forged lower, a poly lower makes less than no sense.

I see stripped lowers in the $40 - $50 range often, but I don't think I've seen any cheaper than that. they're AL, dunno about forged.

Even the cheapest aluminum lower is forged nowadays. Cast lowers died along time ago.

I bought two Anderson Lowers from their site earlier this year for 29.99, and that wasn't the first time.

Have one and it's very accurate 1" groups with factory 55gr psp. I bought it because I wanted a light rifle and at 4 lbs I don't know if it gets any better than that. Put a Surefire muzzle brake on it and if you want a flat shooting, fast pointing and swinging rifle that is a dream to carry what more can you ask for. Don't know about durability but it's never given me a problem and have had it for around 10 years now. Have others that are "normal" but when I want something light nothing else in my collection comes close. Contemplating trying it in a 3 gun rifle stage when I shoot USPSA just to see how having something that light would work.

Why should they help him out?, no reason for it, he dropped his gun on the butt the way i read it, looking at my guns sitting here if i dropped them there would be damage, don't drop the gun on cement.Originally Posted By: JLJ223I have a couple regular Bushmaster but not the carbon, hopefully Bushmaster helps you out.

Last edited:
Well I have a 204 on a Aero lower, a 25-45 on a Noveske billet lower and just bought a James Madison Tactical poly lower for a .260 build. I did so for weight and I understand I need to use care installing the buffer tube. I figure I'll try one and see.

I have a carbon 15 and have not had an issues but haven't dropped it either. Love the light wt. feel and shoots pretty good. Usually let my kids plink with it.

Back