What powder / bullet for YOUR Creedmoor?

If you can find any, AA4350 does not have the pressure that H and IMR does, unreal accurate also.

Some are necking down Lapua 308 Palma brass and making it into creed brass, small primer, Lapua brass= 3150 if you stomp on the gas, involves neck turning usually at 30 caliber.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ackleymanIf you can find any, AA4350 does not have the pressure that H and IMR does, unreal accurate also.

Some are necking down Lapua 308 Palma brass and making it into creed brass, small primer, Lapua brass= 3150 if you stomp on the gas, involves neck turning usually at 30 caliber.

Makes more sense to get the 6.5x47L versus all that work to make 308 brass to work...?

Nosler Creedmoor brass is very consistent brass although not sure yet it will last as long as Lapua. I use Lapua 22-250 brass in my 22 Creedmoor.... Literally just load and shoot. I do back off the charge 1.5 gr for the first firing but shoots well

I ran my 123 amax at 3060 from a 26" 8.5tw Krieger with 43.8gns of H4350. Dead Nutz cold bore shot at 775yds in Ipsic popper plate. Usually shot in the 0.2's. Rifle is a Beanland custom.

What are u guys using for brass since there isn't a lapua case for this yet? Also, anyone shooting 130/140 Berger hybrids?

I've used nothing but Hornady brass. Some have allegedly had problems with it, but I am on 7 loadings with one group of mine and they are still rocking along. MidwayUSA usually has it in stock.

I'm using mostly Hornady brass with no problems.
I do have some 308 Lapua formed to 6.5 CM that I'm playing with to see if it's worth it over Hornady brass

Back