aluminum push pins

The shanks are longer and they do not fall apart like plastic ones (A box could last you a lifetime). The shanks are still made of steel. Other than that I do not think there is any other reason. Here is a comparison:

aluminium-pins.jpg
57307-1009-3ww-l.jpg

As said above.....the aluminum ones have a longer steel point. If you used the standard office ones....thicker hides would not allow much penetration into your stretcher and may not hold very well. The aluminum ones are more durable. However...... My buddy had a batch that a good number of the pins were coming out of the body when trying to remove them. Don't remember what brand they were but he called the company and they said they would replaced them free of charge.

It is super awesome when you are pushing down on the plastic ones and they fall apart, jamming the metal part up into your thumb. Get some aluminum ones, trust me :)

I bought some of these and must have got a bad batch. They go in ok but when you pull them out the aluminum top pops off.Its a real pain in the you know what.

Originally Posted By: boscoI bought some of these and must have got a bad batch. They go in ok but when you pull them out the aluminum top pops off.Its a real pain in the you know what.

Thumb ???

Originally Posted By: erictThe shanks are longer and they do not fall apart like plastic ones (A box could last you a lifetime). The shanks are still made of steel. Other than that I do not think there is any other reason. Here is a comparison:

aluminium-pins.jpg
57307-1009-3ww-l.jpg

There sharp as crap too. Don't grab a handful and close your hand.

I use the aluminum ones too, when I remove one I always look to make sure pin came out with the head, if not I pull it out with a pliers, other wise you could break skin with a nasty dirty item causing bad problem, they carry nasty things in blood, I always wear nitril gloves and a good dust mask when skinning

Back