Simple, good trail camera?

1trkyhntr

My father, who is 84, wants a game camera. I haven't bought one in a couple of years so I don't know anything about the new models and I know that technology changes.
He does not use a computer, or smart phone, and can't figure out the TV remote. You get the idea.
The buttons and the screen have to be user friendly, his eyesight and coordination is consistent with his age.
Any recommendations for a simple, GOOD camera in the +- $150.00 range?
The Browning Strikeforce HD stands out in the online reviews but who knows who really writes those reviews.

They are at the upper end of your range but the Cuddeback Ambush IR is a good camera. They are simple to use and they seem to be easy on batteries, but the biggest thing is they work. You get a picture of the animal, not a black out, not a white out and not a blank, they catch the photo.
I live in Maryland but have a cabin over in Virginia...the bears can be hard on cameras. Cuddeback makes a nice bear proof box for this model and I haven't suffered any bear damage yet.

My Moultre a7i is very simple. And it takes great pictures.

The Primo's Truth Cams are very nice and amazingly simple to use. Pretty much an off/on switch is all thats needed.

Bushnell Trophy cams have kept me happy for years. I started with 5MP models several years ago, now I have a fleet of a dozen 8-14MP versions, from the HD Blackouts, IR's, Vitals, and Aggressors.

The 14MP Aggressors are on sale now for $149.99, plus $30 mail in rebate, good for $120 plus tax.

Cabela's Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressor 14MP

I have multiple Moultrie and Cuddleback models also, but I get the best pictures, and most pictures more reliably with the Bushnell Trophy cameras.

The user interface is incredibly easy on the Bushnells - I'll admit, it's almost difficult to use the Cuddleback cameras compared to the Bushnells, with the Moultries somewhere in between (closer to the Bushnells than the Cuddlebacks - the cuddles suck for interface).

I have owned several cameras over the years of various brands. Of the ones I have used, my two top picks are the Moultrie M880 and the Bushnell Trophy Cam. Both of those cameras are well under your price range. I set my cameras to video so my experience is limited to that mode. I would buy another Moultrie M880 in a heart beat.

The Moultrie is hard on batteries in the video mode, but I use an external battery and that will allow me to keep it in the field for a couple of months at least.

The Bushnell is really easy on batteries (AA) in video mode, so I don't use an external power source with it. I can only imagine how much longer batteries would last if set to photo.

Back