Who has a Vanguard 2 or the RC version ?

ironworker

Weatherby guarantees all they're Vanguards to shoot under MOA . But they have a RC( Range Certified) version for twice the cost. Any love for these rifle out there ?

I sure like them. All of the people that I know who have these rifles have the standard version instead of the RC. They still have the 1 1/2 inch guarantee with premium ammo and most will.do better with some tuning and taylored loads.

I had a .243 S2 that would put 5 shots under a quarter at 100 yards. I traded it cause it was my second .243, but I just bought a .308 S2 that I hope shoots as well as the .243 did.

I had a vanguard in 243 but it was an early version without the two stage trigger. It shot the 80 grain Nosler well under an inch. A young man at out club had the RC model in 22-250. A very nice rifle and a shooter for sure.

Last edited:
I have a few vanguard S2's ans will have to say with a small bit of tweeking the perform a lot better than the guarantee says. I have found this to be the case on a 25/06,6.5 creed,and a 7/08. I changed out the stocks with a BC medalist on the 25/06 mad the 6.5 and essentially ended up with the RC version for a lot less money. For what they offer, I think they are a very good deal.

I should mention before Hildago does that the 6.5 creed was set up for my daughter, but it has impressed me so much that at least for now she has loaned it to her dad, but I haven't told her yet. .....lol

I have the Vanguard Predator version, that's the full camo rifle that was built for a few years, but has been discontinued. It's in 223, and I think was the Vanguard 1, if there is such a thing. It was a real shooter right out of the box, and has proven to be accurate with just about 223 load I put thru it. I should use this rifle more than I do, but it's a little heavier than my other predator rifles, and rarely gets used. I should sell it, but it's not something you find every day.

My nephew has the Standard Vanguard current model in 22/250 that shoots factory Hornady V Max into tiny groups at 200 yards . If I were looking for another rifle I would be very tempted to try one .

Have a Vanguard Series 2 in 30-06. Straight out of the box it has been a solid shooter for me. 1" at 100 is pretty standard for this rifle with factory ammo. My groups are not tiny or cloverleaf in shape but for a factory hunting rifle at $500 price point It is a solid rifle. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I have 2 of the S2's. One in a 223 that will shoot .25"-.50" all day long with handloads and one in a 6.5 Creedmoor that will shoot .50" most days as well. For the money they are hard to beat.

had my hands on a cut n crowned VANGUARD 308 with THE AFTERMARKET DETACHABLE MAGS and still regret lettin it get away.

Last edited:
Back