Guys with NV and thermal imaging, what's your technique?

Originally Posted By: bleasGuys here is the mount that TAK and I came up with to mount the HD19A

Nice I want to do this for my 38a. Can you tell me what helmet you are using and Jarm?

It's just a j-arm I bought off ebay. Some military surplus stuff. And as for the helmet....it's an air soft helmet. I have approximately $85-$100 in my helmet and mount setup. I took the original pads out of the helmet and replaced them with some padding from my daughters softball helmet. Lol. Takes a little time and ingenuity but everything works just fine.

Originally Posted By: SEcowboyWell. Thanks bleas for just deciding what I would be doing with my tues and wed night after work. Trying to copy yalls design. Lol. Looks good. Seriously Thanks for sharing
We have a patent on this design so we can sell it to you for an all inclusive hog hunt in florida!! Lol

Bleas how does the jarm attach to the helmet? I am assuming it has a locking mechanism so it can be taken on and off.

Last edited:
The rhino mount locks into the helmet and is the part that flips the monocular down. The J arm snaps in and out of the rhino mount. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong on the correct names for these mounts.

I keep it simple.
I use a FLIR ps32 to scan and a d740 3rd gen NV scope to ID before I shoot which is within seconds.
400+ dogs this way in 2 yrs so I see no reason to get more technical.

Originally Posted By: cmatera Do you shoot right or left handed, which eye do you use for the ps32, which for the D740?

I scan with my right eye and shoot with my left.
You'll just have to try what works best for you.
I know Bleas uses his right eye for both.

Originally Posted By: SledgeYou guys inspired me to helmet mount mine. I went off the pic rail though.

[img:center][/img]
So you just used a j arm and screwed through the j arm for a pic clamp?

Yes, I used a scope ring for the pic clamp. I bolted the ring to the rail then held it up to my eye with my helmet on. Then lined up the j-arm and marked where to cut off the ring. Drilled and tapped the ring and viola.

Originally Posted By: bleasThat's a pretty good idea!

Well, I don't have too many of those but y'all are the ones that got me thinkin about it, so thanks.
I would think that it would be pretty easy for someone to mass produce a mount for these.

Back