Sightmark Photon 4.6 x 42S disappointment

I can remember shooting several at 75 to 85 yds. with the 243, but I only remember having a pass through on 1 of them and that was not a blow out, just quarter size. Like I said, I haven't hit any in the shoulder. I did shoot one about 3 weeks back that was quartering toward me. The bullet entered just behind the shoulder and went out the back end. That wasn't too pretty a sight, and I hit a cat in the chest quartering and blew out the offside shoulder, but those are the only two really messed up that I can remember right now.

You know how it is 6, one person has good results and another one cusses the same bullet. I read about people recommending the 17 Rem. with 25 gr hp bullets for fox all the time, but almost every fox I've shot with mine has been a mess. The 25 hornady hp is great for me for anchoring coyotes but too much medicine for foxes. Pretty much same results with the 204 on foxes as well. I really think a 22 mag. or 17 hmr would work better if just shooting fox. I don't get all that many, so I plan for the coyotes.

Back