ar-10 glass suggestions. light quick tough

Redrock

pretty much gonna make my new s&w m&p 10 my no.1 truck gun. gonna run it suppressed, use it on pigs yotes and some white tail. i want quick target accusation out to 600 yards. would like good bdc but i can dial mrad or moa. so im game and open to all suggestions.

wanna keep it light so 24mm to 32 size at least 6x max power. don"t want a telescope on it. but enough to make shots to 600yds consistent. 800yd max range is my expectations.

budget it's $1,200 at the absolute most. ill consider vortex and leupold and night force used due to never having issues with warranty used in my experience with these companies.

here are the candidates but open to suggestions thanks to all.

vortex razor 1-6x24 jm-1 bdc. red dot built in. will be great no doubt. this is the front runner ive heard the bdc on this is about as good as they get. but heavy. im sure glass will be outstanding.

vortex viper pst ffp 2.5-10x32 (i already run a 5-24 viper pst ffp on my long range gun know the reticle and turrets like the back of my hand half the price of the razor)

leupold vxIII 1-6 or mark 6 1-6 used. not much to say liked the vxIII ive had didnt love it

new trijicon accupoint 2.5-10x24 ive not see one. don't know if they hit the market yet. but i love my 3x9x40 accupoint i have on my deer rifle. it always buys me 20 mins extra hunting time

trijicon acog .308 bdc. alot for a little tough as nails

maybe used night force 2.5-10x24 or 32 mrad. i had this scope on a .308 bolt gun. great glass tough [beeep] [beeep] but had in accurate. milling issues with it past 500 yards. but thats not what it's made for.

swfa 1-6x hd. heard great things never owned any of their products.

I like a 2-12 VX6 however it sounds like you want a more compact scope.

I wouldn't expect to be making to many 600-800 yard shots with a 6x scope.

I haven't seen the 2.5-10 Trijicon you speak of but it sounds like it may fit the bill.

Sorry i was wrong on the trijicon its 2.5-12x42 that would be nice. And they have a 1-6. But Yeah i want to keep it light compact best of variable power and red dot. With the right glass 600yds on 6 power is very doable consistently. Just like 10x is at 1000. The guy who taught me to shoot would never let me go over 10x so i dont use more than that. Ive missed more yotes cause of too much scope than any other reason. Couldnt get on em before they broke back for cover

Of the ones you mentioned, I would take a Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5 any day of the week. Got mine for 900 a year or two ago.
Of the two you're considering at the end...the Razor HDII is night and day superior to anything that says "viper" on it.

Back