2016 PM Convention Registration

reb8600

Staff member
****REGISTRATION ANNOUNCEMENT****

16th ANNUAL PREDATOR MASTERS CONVENTION

FEBRUARY 11-13, 2016 in TUCSON, AZ

***To register, simply CLICK the banner below***

Predator Masters would like to see you bring your spouse and kids as well, we are not just a boy's club. There is something for everyone!

The banquet will be at the PSE Archery Headquarters

2727 N Fairview Ave, Tucson, AZ

The facility will be closed to the public and Predator Masters will have exclusive use of the facility to hold our annual convention. The PSE Headquarters is where we will have the dinners every night, guest speaker seminars, and the banquet for raffle ticket drawings for all kinds of predator hunting equipment.

Other attractions in the area include:

Old Tucson Studios-
This is an old west amusement park and movie set that's fun for the whole family with cowboy gun fights in the street!
http://oldtucson.com/visit-ots/

Sonora Desert Museum-
This is one of the top 10 zoological parks in the world rich in fauna, flora, and geological displays.
http://www.desertmuseum.org/visit/

Tucson Gem Show:
Vendors for nearly every country will be in Tucson displaying and selling gems, fossils, jewelry, and artwork during the first 2 weeks in February. This is one of the largest events of it's kind in the world.
TUCSON GEM SHOW VIDEO

The Tucson International Airport is about a 1/2 hour away from the PM Convention.
It has Rental cars and full service.

Registration Requirements

You must be a Predator Masters member in good standing to attend our annual convention. If you are not a member, sign up first to become a member which is free.

After you are a member, you can then register to attend the Predator Masters Convention. The registration link will take you to the online PM Store where you can register and make purchases. Please give us your membership SCREEN NAME in the comments section because your screen name is the name you go by at the PM Convention.

The cost is the same as last year and KIDS ARE FREE!

Members- $150
If you bring your spouse, it's $100 more for them.
She or he will also get 3 dinners and 3 raffle tickets.

Registration INCLUDES a dinner and speakers each night on Feb 11, 12, 13. It INCLUDES your KIDS dinners all three nights too because KIDS ARE ALWAYS FREE! It also INCLUDES 3 Raffle Tickets for the Banquet Saturday night!

Click this link to see the Early Bird Registration Prize.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...mp;#Post2877981

Raffle Tickets!

You can buy extra raffle tickets at the online PM Store during registration or anytime afterwards.
You can also purchase extra raffle tickets at the PM Convention during the banquet nights.

Egg Shoot!

Details about the Egg Shoot can be found at this link:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...mp;#Post2877958

You can register for the Egg Shoot at the online PM Store and the entry fee is $50.

The kids egg shoot is free and the purpose of it is to encourage a youngsters interest in shooting.

The egg shoot will be held at the Three Points Shooting Range on Saturday morning February 13, 2016. You must be registered for the PM Convention to be eligible to compete in the Egg Shoot. If you can hit a chicken egg at 150 yards more times than the other attendees, you will win a custom made AR-15 rifle from Ritch's Precision Guns.

MOTEL!

We have a block of rooms reserved at the Comfort Inn and Suites at a special rate of $121.49/night plus tax. The motel is located about 10.7 miles from the PSE Headquarters and about 35 miles from the Three Points Shooting Range. It is centrally located to major artery roads to go any direction to hunt. You can be hunting on public lands within a 15 minute drive from the motel.

When you call to make motel reservations, you need to tell the motel that you are attending the Predator Masters Convention to get the special rate.

The motel serves a hot breakfast (not sweet rolls) each morning at no charge.

MOTEL INFORMATION:

Comfort Inn and Suites
8425 N. Cracker Barrel Road
Tucson, AZ 85743-8582
phone: (520)579-1099

MOTEL VIDEO

HUNTING!

As with past PM Conventions, Predator Masters is NOT organizing a hunt. Any hunting that is done, is arranged privately between the attendees for camaraderie and there is NO hunting contest, NO hunting prizes, NO check in location, and NO paid guiding. It's an opportunity to meet and interact with other members from all over the United States and other countries to exchange ideas, methods, and techniques.

Here is a link to the AZ game information, license requirements, and maps.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...268#Post2639268

In the past, most attendees arrived on Wednesday so they could participate in local activities Thursday morning incidental to attending the convention. In light of this, an orientation meeting will be given by a representative of the AZ Game and Fish Dept.(AGFD) on Wednesday evening, February 10, 2016 at 7pm at the Comfort Inn and Suites in the breakfast room. All attendees are encouraged to come. The AGFD will provide a briefing about the game laws, hunter harassment laws, border issues, areas with restricted methods, and reporting sightings of sensitive species to help the AGFD with monitoring.

There are 9 different species of predators/furbearers in southern AZ that are in season during the dates of the PM Convention. There are 2 additional species that cannot be taken which are protected by the Endangered Species Act (jaguar and ocelot) and the AGFD would like members to report sightings of those cats to help them with monitoring.

The roads are mostly rutted, rocky, or sandy. A 4 wheel drive isn't required in most areas, but a vehicle with high ground clearance is. If you are renting a car, it would be best to get a truck or SUV type.

If you have a GPS unit, definitely get a chip for it that will display land ownership for AZ. There is more public land here than you can travel. However, there is a diversity of land status too. Sometimes state land and public land may look just like a national park or an Indian reservation. Get a chip! There are two sponsors of Predator Masters that have GPS chips available for AZ and they are http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/ or http://www.koutdoorproducts.com/

WE ALWAYS HAVE A BLAST!!!

2015 Group Picture

Just CLICK on our FACEBOOK LINKS below, give us a LIKE and check out the pics from past years Conventions:

***2012 PM Convention FACEBOOK LINK***

***2013 PM Convention FACEBOOK LINK***

***2014 PM Convention FACEBOOK LINK***

Just CLICK the BANNER below to register NOW!!!

Last edited:
If only it wasn't over 20 hours away driving time. Sounds like a great time for sure.
Since I can't make it, I plan on doing an egg shoot at my place with some family and friends. Just for fun. Never done one before, but I Love the idea of this.

Wish you could make it.

Shooting eggs at 150 yards is no easy task off cross sticks. It is fun to get some buddies together and stage your own shoot.

I'd consider coming down for the egg shoot, but I don't think my RRS tripod setup would be welcome on the firing line. Those eggs wouldn't stand much of a chance.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: orkanI'd consider coming down for the egg shoot, but I don't think my RRS tripod setup would be welcome on the firing line. Those eggs wouldn't stand much of a chance.
wink.gif

Uh yeah, I don't think that would pass inspection.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: orkanI'd consider coming down for the egg shoot, but I don't think my RRS tripod setup would be welcome on the firing line. Those eggs wouldn't stand much of a chance.
wink.gif

Come down anyway. Never let sticks be an excuse not to show up.

The drive can be tough, but getting to meet new and old friends makes it worth the trip.

I may try to focus on a mountain lion this year.

This will be my First Predator Master convention. I'm getting a itchy trigger finger,can't wait until February.

Last edited:
At last year convention, Venatic and I did some hunting around the Sonita/Elgin area, Southeast of Tucson and actually saw one of the pronghorns.

We did not however have any luck calling coyotes in that area. That night at the convention the AZ Game and Fish Dept gave a presentation on the pronghorn work being done in that area, that included an intense predator control program where they hired a state trapper/caller/shooter for the restoration area.

The hunter/trapper also spoke afterwards. Afterwards we knew why we had not had a lot of luck in that area, since it was being targeted for coyote removal.

Fursniper sent me a video by AGFD that gives an update the on the pronghorn restoration program.

If I am not mistaken, Brad Fulk the biologist in the video is that AGFD person who gave the presentation at our event.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerAt last year convention, Venatic and I did some hunting around the Sonita/Elgin area, Southeast of Tucson and actually saw one of the pronghorns.

We did not however have any luck calling coyotes in that area. That night at the convention the AZ Game and Fish Dept gave a presentation on the pronghorn work being done in that area, that included an intense predator control program where they hired a state trapper/caller/shooter for the restoration area.

The hunter/trapper also spoke afterwards. Afterwards we knew why we had not had a lot of luck in that area, since it was being targeted for coyote removal.

Fursniper sent me a video by AGFD that gives an update the on the pronghorn restoration program.

If I am not mistaken, Brad Fulk the biologist in the video, is that AGFD person who gave the presentation at our event.
Here is the updated link for the video:

Back