Best experienced 17 hornet loads?

Originally Posted By: FullMoonYoteSkinLittlecrow gunworks trimmer, local guy here in MN makes them

was thinking i looked at the wft trimmers but did not see one for a 17 hornet?

Originally Posted By: FullMoonYoteSkinYep, i have 1

can i borrow it?
smile.gif

what was the load you used to get those groups? a ruger, right?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: FullMoonYoteSkinLittlecrow gunworks trimmer, local guy here in MN makes them

was thinking i looked at the wft trimmers but did not see one for a 17 hornet?

I'll bet it's under the 22 hornet. Like the 308 trimmer does numerous cases. Or the 223 will do the 204 ruger also I believe.

I bought mine off Amazon Prime - 2 day shipping after you pay the annual fee. Trimmer was about the same cost, $75.00.

SlickerThanSnot - I actually achieved those groups with factory ammo - just the 20gr hornadys. I do have the Ruger, free floated stock, very tightly bedded action, cheap as heck Barska Scope that I thought was paralax to the N-th degree, but after all it is a SICK gun!

I bought hornady 20gr and 25gr bullets, 2200 and 1680 powder, hornady brass, and small rifle primers and will see if I can get better or match the accuracy performance with 25gr - that would be ideal.

Haven't had any coyotes run in yet, but this weekend everything opens up around here. Its been in the 60's and 70's in Minnesota lately, just too warm for these dogs and fox for now.

Back