2015 Mule deer and whitetail bucks

Saskcoyote78

Was out calling coyotes for the day and came across this buck near last light. Pulled out the T/C Impact muzzleloader and did a stock on him. Shot him at about 90 yards. I waited about 5 mins and went to look for him but where I looked I couldnt see him and figured I may have missed. I packed up and decided to look in the morning. Next morning cam back to same spot and actually walked by him missing him by about 20 yards. The magpies helped me find him real quick. Was also able to shoot a couple coyotes before I made it to him on the drive up
thumbup.gif

Fast foward a few more days and here is my whitetail buck I shot with my T/C Impact muzzleloader. I rattled and grunted him in and took a perfect broadside shot at 100 yards. Calling in bucks is a real rush, like the calling in coyotes,,I love it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: atdGreat muley! That's what you think of when you think muleys!

I see your from Miami Beach, just curious if you hunt much out there or need to travel North?? When I think Miami I think of heat and beaches.

Cheers!!

Originally Posted By: Sask trapperNice buck. Got to love those nice dark horns

Thanks!! Yeah they are beautiful dark ones, hoping to do a euro mount have those colors show off.

There is some hunting around here for hogs and quail. Most of the hunting in Florida is north of here. I grew up in South Dakota so I'm familiar with prairie deer hunting. When I go hunting these days it normally involves travel. Posts like yours give me the itch. Funny with the weather here and lack of the four seasons the year passes and without certain dates (holidays and such) you wouldn't even know it. Cheers

Originally Posted By: saskHKukyou are having a really good hunting season mate

just need the big [beeep] of a boar to seal it off!!!

Yes sir !! Have to make a trip up to your neck of the woods soon
smile.gif
find a big old 500 lb boar

Back