I hate skunks...

TNYotehntr

I was running my dogs in the neighborhood last night, Roi (BMC) still can't kill one before it sprays. Shakes 'em like a poodle on a sock, rolls in the grass, pukes, got shocked (trash breaker, lite him up good the reason he let it go) but who wants to bet he'll grab one next chance he gets.

Lol not funny ths t is frustrating, but sll you can do is l as laugh it off. Im sure that wont be the last been there done that, coon dogs.. if you weren't after skunks lol what kind of game you chase??

Did you and Roi give the wife a kiss when you got home??
lol.gif

Yeah I had to laugh about it, when he 1st grabbed it I thought it was a neighbors cat had me worried. I was just running them in the neighborhood for exercise I hunt squirrels and have started them on coon (not skunk!) lol.

Rocky I couldn't even get her out in the garage! Asked for help and she just shut the door! lol

That's funny - sort of.

Several years ago my brother shot one off the porch with an air rifle. It fell off in the yard and just lay there. Later he went to retrieve it but it was gone, so he got to looking around and found it up near the base of the house, still breathing. So, he took a shovel and whopped it. Bad mistake. Just as he was in full swing, the skunk rolled the business end toward him. When the shovel hit the skunk got revenge. I think my brother learned a lesson, but knowing him I can't count on it.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
That's funny - sort of.

Several years ago my brother shot one off the porch with an air rifle. It fell off in the yard and just lay there. Later he went to retrieve it but it was gone, so he got to looking around and found it up near the base of the house, still breathing. So, he took a shovel and whopped it. Bad mistake. Just as he was in full swing, the skunk rolled the business end toward him. When the shovel hit the skunk got revenge. I think my brother learned a lesson, but knowing him I can't count on it.

laught30.gif
laught30.gif
laught30.gif
Worse than a cur dog huh!

brad I got a recipe for some stuff that will knock the skunk smell out of them real good when you wash them, give me a call some time

I feel for you brother. Last fall a couple skunks got into my back yard and my daughter didnt realize they were there and let our walker out. She killed them both but not before getting completely doused. Dog slept in the shop for over a month and my back yard still smells like skunk....

there is a very good receipe on the net just type in skunk deodorizer.you will need peroxide dawn dish soap and baking soda . It works wonders I had a Lab who t-boned on in her yard one night. You could bury your face in her fur and not smell skunk.

there is a very good receipe on the net just type in skunk deodorizer.you will need peroxide dawn dish soap and baking soda . It works wonders I had a Lab who t-boned on in her yard one night. You could bury your face in her fur and not smell skunk.

91M8IIbS2RL._SY679_.jpg

this is the stuff you want. one of my clients has a good sized lot here in the city (7-8 acres) and a great dane who just doesnt know when to say no to skunks. she gets sprayed a couple times a year - at least.

one good wash with this stuff and about 95% of its gone. a while back She had gotten sprayed a day before i got there - full shot to the face no less - and i was scratching her hears and head for her and could barely tell she'd gotten tagged. i thought she'd been hit a week prior it was so faint and she was right in my face. since we have dogs scattered thru the family i had to find out what they used when they told me how recent it was.

might well be the best $15 in skunk spray scent elimination you'll ever spend. i think they said they got it at costco, but amazon carries it too. HTH

https://www.amazon.com/biokleen-Laundry-Liquid-Free-Clear/dp/B00119M3KY/

Back