COMMENTS ABOUT ANIMAL SEEN.

randall729

Anyone with an idea of what I seen about month ago when in Mason County, Lower Michigan. Was about a foot and half high and the tail not bushy was about foot and a half long. The animal was totally black and moved across the back yard quickly. The MDNR will not have an answer because I have no evidence to show. Neighbors have said of seeing a black panther around but is it possible I wonder.???

Probably an everyday house cat - tough to tell scale in the field many times, so what you thought you saw dimensionally may not have been. Never been a black (melanistic) mt.lion/panther/puma/cougar/catamount/etc. every documented in the history of mankind....ever. Black leopards, yes. Now if you think you saw a leopard in MI..........

thumbup1.gif
+!

Last edited:
this is in farm country where i seen it. aren't fishers in pine trees mostly and woods? it was not a black cat of this size. the body was a lot bigger than a fisher and longer. but not ruling this out. thank you all for comments.

Yup, had to be. except all black fur. how bout a a totally black furred racoon. not many around that I know of. went out looking fr it for a better look but it disappeared, up in a tree? I don't know. couldn't find a track either.

There are no black panthers but there are mutatants that look like they are black from a distance. I saw a long skinny tail and black appearing cat at a distance of 30 feet away. THIS WAS NOT A house cat or other animal. It was a "black" cougar or panther for sure. I went outside to look for it but it must have jumped up in a tree or up on the farm house roof. No tracks crossing the gravel road. My brother has told me of something on the roof but has not seen it. Something would have to somehow jump 10 feet up to get on the porch roof. I don't see a racoon doing this.

Originally Posted By: randall729There are no black panthers but there are mutatants that look like they are black from a distance. I saw a long skinny tail and black appearing cat at a distance of 30 feet away. THIS WAS NOT A house cat or other animal. It was a "black" cougar or panther for sure. I went outside to look for it but it must have jumped up in a tree or up on the farm house roof. No tracks crossing the gravel road. My brother has told me of something on the roof but has not seen it. Something would have to somehow jump 10 feet up to get on the porch roof. I don't see a racoon doing this.
Ugh....Yea, we're going to have to ask you to move your desk as far back against that wall as possible....umm kay....that would be great, we gotta make room for some boxes and stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: randall729There are no black panthers but there are mutatants that look like they are black from a distance. I saw a long skinny tail and black appearing cat at a distance of 30 feet away. THIS WAS NOT A house cat or other animal. It was a "black" cougar or panther for sure. I went outside to look for it but it must have jumped up in a tree or up on the farm house roof. No tracks crossing the gravel road. My brother has told me of something on the roof but has not seen it. Something would have to somehow jump 10 feet up to get on the porch roof. I don't see a racoon doing this.

Once again: There are no authenticated cases of truly melanistic cougars (pumas). Melanistic cougars have never been photographed or shot in the wild and none has ever been bred.

And if you STILL think you saw one, well .........
rolleyes.gif

I think he may well be on the brink of an amazing scientific discovery. The reason no black mountain lions have ever been documented is because everybody is looking for a regulation full size version. For centuries folks have looked right over the top of those 18" miniature black panthers!

What did it smell like...???

Back