3 nights =9 coyote+

5spd

A few good nights/day last week in NE at some of our ranches.
Thursday morning we nailed a pair running in at 945 am in the misty wet. I broke my new 20 Practical AR15 build on the male at 280+ yards. My pal dumped the female at 60 yards and clipped the male on the run at 125 yards & I finished it just below a small bluff.
Started to rain & went like that for the rest of the day so we knocked on doors and picked up 3 new ranches.
20k, 2600a and a small one of just 300a
Last small ranch (300a) we got permission at we walked out to his fence line after he said they always come in from the neighbors large ranch into his cows. Yup shot one right where he said they come in & he was pretty happy about that, just 6pm.
Friday eve I nailed another long one at close to 300 yards sitting behind us right on the 2 track we came in on after it slinked in below me, then went to circle. She was hard to track as this place is rolling hills, gullies, depressions & tall grasses.
My next was at 53 paces as it tore into the call at less than 1 min and was about to attack my pal, so I dumped it before it ate him.
We continued to play his secrete sounds and another male came in fast trot/slow slink and held at 127 paces and I dumped it.
We double tap one at 148 yards at the same instant as it come out & turns broadside for us.
Saturday we hit more of our ranches and my pal decided to climb a rocky side hill as we heard them howling/barking walking into the area. It was about 48* and I was working up a sweat trying to stay close. Next thing I know I cant see him so I set up on the side "cliff" and scan around. I hear "woof, woof...woooof grrrrr noise then thwaapp thwappp thwaaap and 3 hard hits from what I make out as dead coyote.
I walk to where he is about 20 yards from me over the other side and he popped 2 way below us and 1 that made it away with a hard limp he said.
Took forever to get down the "hill cliff" with out killing our selves and another 45 min to located them in the tall grasses.
We move again and my pal takes out 2 raccoons that were walking right into us. The male was 40lbs from what I could see on my hand scale. A swift fox was sitting there watching them, not in season & so he lives on.
WE set up at another ranch & within 4 min we have a super hard charger flying in at mach 89 across the flat land and before I can say "huh" my pal is going "woooof"...thwaap he goes as I fire a milli second later thwaaap as it turns on an atom & heads to Saturn at mach 109.
We both miss a chip shot at 40 yards....hahahhaha
We sit for a bit kicking our selves and its now out there yapping like a banshi at us. Yeap we decide to go for it and we make it through a split between hills and circle it and still its barking away at us saying "you fools will never get me".
My pal is ahead of me and says its moving, he gets to the edge of the bluff and when I get to him he is pointing to me saying shoot. I can't even see it and I slip on the darn rocky edge 3x before planting my rear on a sold part and start looking for it.
I finally see it way out there and below us, not really sure I hit my IR and light it up, so far out it looks like a little swift.
So far down hill of an angle I put the cross hairs just over its head and let go...thwaaaapp and it just drops like a comet hit it. She was facing full front sitting and not much of a target.
My pals says fruging great shot ol man.
It takes us 5 min just to slide down the rocky face and another 200 yards out we see it. I try getting pics of the set, but moon light wont let the camera get the hill cliff we were on.
Blonde female, nice white belly, close to 31lbs. I see my round hit it just below her chin and out the back of her neck, so my "guestimate hold was indeed perfect.
Yea I looked tired/worn in those pictures.

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job! We tried a little night calling Friday but it still needs to cool off a bit more here. We didn't have any luck. Hopefully here in a few more weeks we will start getting the weather we need and it will pick up.

Way to go!
thumbup.gif

48*....I can't wait. We did get down to 58* last night so things are lookin' up.

Regards
hm

Back