Ihunt caller by ruger

Huntman

I just downloaded Ihunt by ruger. It was only 5 bucks so I thought I couldn't lose. I'm gunna hook it up to a Bluetooth speaker and take it out hunting tomorrow. I was wondering does anyone have any experience with the ruger Ihunt app? I'll let you guys know how it does.

It's an app by ruger that has 600 different calls. They sound premium to me! You hook up your phone to any speaker and play it. I'm gunna take it out tomorrow and see how she does.

That's the correct site. It works perfectly, you have the option to hook up any Bluetooth speaker or any speaker for that matter. Ruger sells a speaker that is made for calling however.

I went out this morning and within minutes of my first stand I had coyotes coming in. The range of sounds is crazy and just draws in curious coyotes. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking for a E-Caller. I took back my expensive E-Caller today and got a refund for some 150 dollars. This only costs 5 bucks and works better than anything I've had. The Bluetooth remote (acting as your phone) is very impressive.

According to Ruger, it's Bluetooth range is 50 yds. I am interested in it, but just can't make myself pull the trigger just yet. Want to hear more personal experience stories.

I made a caller with a horn speaker and pocket amp a while back and used the ihunt app...it sounded pretty good. It would crackle though if the cord was touched due to using a cheaper amp instead of one where the wires are soldered directly. I always ran my phone on airplane mode or data off so it wouldn't blast a text tone over the speaker while calling. It prolly would have worked better with a Bluetooth speaker like you are talking about but I figured if I was going to buy a good speaker I'd just snag a FoxPro. I'd say it would be worth a try with a quality speaker especially since you can get them at a pretty good price now.

Well the range can differ I think depending on the Bluetooth speaker. I think the most I've ever heard of is a hundred yards. Rugers Bluetooth speaker only has a 50 yard range I think.

Last edited:
I would assume that it's because you can make a playlist so they can run one right after the other. That's another very cool feature. I can just set my phone down and let the playlist run, you can also set delays. So I have my calls run with a small delay than a bigger delay and I never even have to pick up my phone. Eyes on the sky.

I have this app and use it frequently. I have called in foxes, coyotes, and a bobcat with it. I even use it to hunt deer during the archery season here in AZ. I called a coyote and an angry doe in just by walking down a thick wash with fawn distress on repeat with my phone speaker. The only bummer is, as you've mentioned, it really needs a Bluetooth speaker to be effective and the trick is finding one that will pick up a signal from your phone from your desired range. If you can figure that out, it's golden. My favorite feature is that it allows you to create a "playlist" of different sounds and added pauses, so you can create virtually any call sequence you want.

I've used the IHUNT before Ruger acquired it. Have called crows with it but mostly use it when squirrel hunting. Works great when I want the squirrels to reveal themselves. I don't bother with the bluetooth when squirrel hunting. Have had some success with coons in the daytime but not consistent enough as I'm still learning the way of the coon.

Back