Crossbow scope help

pyscodog

Bow-Barnett Rev AVI
Scope-Barnett
Bolts-22" Barnett w/100gr broadhead
FPS-325

My problem is when sighting in, if i use my 20yd hash mark,dead on at 20, I'm 4-5inchs high with my 30. I can split the difference and be on at 30 but way high again with my 40. Now, to shoot 40, I use my 30 and hold about a quarter of the distance for 40. So confusing, I can barely explain it. Any suggestions???

Last edited:
Might try that. Right now at least I know my 20's dead on and 1/2 way in between is dead on at 30. A 30 yd shot with a crossbow give the deer a little time to move. Much farther than that will be a hope shot anyway.

As fast as the xbows are getting I would set the top cross hair at 30 yards that bow should be shooting pretty flat at least out that far and go from there.
Got my Mother in laws excalibur phoenix recurve xbow set up that way. I think its running around 265 fps with thunder head 125's and carbon arrows when I ran it over the chrony. She won't shoot past 35yards so this set up works out well for her.
J

Last edited:
My crossbow is 330 FPS and it lines up with my Nikon scope out to 50 yards . The Barnett scopes are not real reliable, that's why I changed to Nikon and never looked back

Back