Truck seat cover

DesertRam

Director
Staff member
Fellas, I think it's time to upgrade from the bed sheet seat cover on the truck's back seat before the kids, who are notoriously messy, and I spend a week hunting elk over Thanksgiving. We've had good luck with the Marathon covers in the wife's car, but don't have time to get them for the truck at this point. Have any of you had a good experience with readily available and reasonably priced seat covers? Water, juice, food, and dog proof qualities are preferred.
grin.gif
Thanks

Headwaters Covers are awesome and usually have a shorter wait than Marathon! May be worth a call to see if they could get them to you by then.

Originally Posted By: blopez50Headwaters Covers are awesome and usually have a shorter wait than Marathon! May be worth a call to see if they could get them to you by then.

Thanks Brian. I hadn't heard of Headwaters before, but research indicates that they're pretty solid. So, I called them up and talked to a live person. Nice gal told me that they could have rear seat covers made in about two weeks and delivered in time for me to install for the Thanksgiving hunt. Added up to a pretty good deal, so I ponied up the CC number and got a cover on order. Will compare to the Marathons we have in Mama's car and if they stack up, we'll add the front seat cover. I'll also report back here with my impression.

Originally Posted By: rtaylorI second the Headwaters. Good customer service and mine have been on for over 2 years and look exactly the same.

That's good to hear. I placed the order on Friday with a lady in their office. The owner called me this morning to confirm my order and let me know they were getting started. Great service so far.

Just wanted to post a follow-up. I ordered a rear seat cover for my truck on Friday October 23 and received a call from the Headwaters' owner on Monday to confirm my order. He said the cover would go into production right away and be ready for delivery in 2 to 2.5 weeks. On Tuesday November 10, I received the seat cover. My initial impressions were favorable, but the true test came yesterday when it was time for installation. The cover came with very clear instructions that included a photo for each step of installation. Using those instructions, I was able to install all six pieces in less than an hour. With one minor exception, these fit perfectly. The tops of the seat back covers are just a bit too long and don't line up quite right with the "carpet" backing to which they attach with Velcro. I don't think this will cause a major problem though, since the edges/ends still make good contact and "stick" to the seat back. I'll know more in a few weeks after the kids have abused them over the course of a five-day elk hunt.

Here's the end result:
BackwatersSeatCoverRear_zpsmlehikxr.jpg

You won't be disappointed. I have had a full set of Headwaters in my Duramax for over 7 years now. If I washed them tomorrow, you'd swear they were new. Have pretty much raised 3 kids in the back seat and held up very well and clean up easy.

Originally Posted By: lyotehunterthey are pricey

Yeah, but after trying two different inexpensive auto store seat covers and a couple bed sheets, I was ready to pay for a good-fitting, high quality cover. If I keep the truck another decade, which is likely given the cost of new ones
scared.gif
, the cost of this cover will be a very small fraction of the overall cost of ownership.

We've had Marathons (pretty much the same thing) on my wife's seats for over three years now. They're still in great shape and the seats beneath them are virtually factory-new, and that's saying something with three rugrats crawling all over them.

Loved it during the season. Kept everything off the seats - mud, blood, etc. Haven't attempted cleanup yet though; that's why I haven't reported back. But based on my experience so far, I'll be adding a the same cover to the front seats as soon as my checkbook recovers from Christmas.
smile.gif

I ordered the front and rear set today. Got the under seat gun scabbards and a couple of the pockets. Went with the two tone Kryptek typhoon and black. He asked how I heard about them and I said you started a thread on PM about how good they are. Be here in about 3 weeks

Well it warmed up and I got my seat covers on. Took a couple hours but it wasn't bad at all. I got both the front and rear in the kryptek camo with black backs and sides. I got the gun holders under the back seat and the phone pocket on the passenger side front. I really like them holding up to the kids fine. Only complaint is I wish it had a Velcro piece up on the cup holder area. I think they are worth the price and I can't wait to see them in about 5 years.

Resurrecting this thread to see if DesertRam or any other folks can steer a guy looking for some seat covers in the right direction. My needs are basically the same as the OP, and I've already read through this thread and several others on the forum relating to this topic. It seems like the two names that consistently come up are Headwaters and Marathon. Would you recommend one over the other? Let me know your thoughts... thanks.

Two years and counting on my Headwaters seat covers and they still look new despite three kids trying to tear them up. Of course, the wife has nearly six years on her Marathons and they're still holding up well. They're a little worn, and the velcro doesn't like to stick as well as it once did, but they're still in good shape. I honestly don't think you can lose either way. My plan to add front seat covers keeps getting pushed back, but when I finally get around to it, I'll order Headwaters to match the rear.

My recommendation? Buy from the company that offers the pattern and color you need/want. You'll be happy with either one.

Back