Taking a Trip West

Tacti_Steve

Hi, New to the site. I have a redbone that I use to run coons. My company gave me a trip to Colorado for a couple of days. They are fairly flexible on when I go. I thought about taking advantage of the time and doing some hunting. I was hoping to do a Lion hunt with hounds. I looked into a couple of guided hunts but can't afford them. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other options or inexpensive options. I only have a couple of days and if nothing comes with it at least I'll get to see the outdoors. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Last edited:
when is the trip and where in Colorado. I'm from Kansas and have put together some dogs to hunt in the mountains. I also started coon hunting. I have never hunted Colorado only new mexico and arizonia. Unless you hae some idea what your doing I wouldn't recommend taking your dog honestly. Running hounds in the mountains is way different than coon hunting pm me if you have any questions

Lion season in Colorado opens the day after the last combined rifle elk/deer season, late Nov. each game mng. unit has a quota for lions you have to check if there are still open. You need to have permission to cross private ground, ( dogs on private without permission is not good.) Biggest issue I see is finding a place with out coons. I am in Western Colo. if you need more info let me know'.

Last edited:
Back