Harris bpod vs champion bipod?s

zr600

Ok now has anybody had or used both of these bipods? If so how was the harris better? Are they sturdier? Whats the tallest harris you can get i want to get one for sitting.

no contest. not even close. there is a reason they are priced so different. the harris will last you a lifetime unless you abuse it. the champion will break even if you baby it.

27 inch is the longest that harris makes. not sure about the other.

I have both and after buying a champion I haven't bought another. It's cheaply made. And I have the 27" Harris and use it for sitting to get over taller grass when needed. I think it's 13"-27" or something close to that. The metal on the champion doesn't even seem the same grade. I've bought 2 different cheaper brands of bipods over the years, and I'll never buy another but Harris since then.

I've been buying the Champions for a while and I can tell you I'm not impressed. The only reason I keep buying them is because I like the height of the 29 1/2" champion, I'm not a tall guy but I've been blessed with a long torso and the 291/2" is perfect. I'm knowingly throwing my money away on them to get what I want. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th Champion, broken springs, parts falling off, bent legs, etc. 3 weeks ago the left leg snapped completely off my last one.

I know a "guy" so I buy them at wholesale prices and I'm not throwing away 60 dollars every time but for what I've spent on them the Harris would have been paid for.

If the extra couple inches isn't critical to you buy the Harris, the quality of the 2 is not even close. FWIW the Caldwell may very well be a better "budget" bipod than the Champion.

A Blackhawk will cost you half what a Harris will. I've been using the same one for 4 seasons now and I'm not exactly a weekend warrior. I hunt a lot, and always have a bipod on the rifle. I got my dad a caldwell 2 years ago and it's still kicking. I used to be a harris fan, because they are nice. They're not necessary though, in my opinion.

Back