Supreme Court May take up another gun law challenge

Coyotehunter_

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/assa...a5c8277c47ab761

It seems that a city in IL has tried to pass a law that bans the sale of AR15's and other semi automatic rifles that they are calling Assault Rifles. (Shows what they know or don't know) The law bans the sale of these guns in this IL city and also bans magazines with greater than 10 rounds in the Magazine.

Let's all how that the SUPREME Court takes up this case and throws these unconstitutional gun ban laws out.

They should try to change the US Constitution if they want to ban guns from people in the USA. But since 1776 the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment has given everyone living here the right to bear arms. And the 2nd amendment didn't say that this only applied to the smooth bore long rifle or the musket of the day.

I'm tired of these anti gun rights people trying to by pass the Constitution and passing illegal laws despite the US Constitution. There should be some type of punishment for them doing this all the time.

This is scary to me. If the don't take up this case it could mean that the other cities who have passes similar laws may try to take guns away or ban the sales of further purchases. But if the do take up this case it could change the laws of several other states that have passed similar anti gun laws.

If they vote with the lower court or ever let it stand without looking at it then thousands of "local" cities and counties can pass the same thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ky ColIf they vote with the lower court or ever let it stand without looking at it then thousands of "local" cities and counties can pass the same thing.

Not if the states pass preemption laws that don't allow local governments to pass more stringent gun laws than the state. Fight that battle in your state legislatures instead of worrying about hundreds of local fights.

By the way to the OP, the Constitution doesn't grant any rights. It recognizes those unalienable rights that we all have. We have those rights regardless of what that paper says, at least as long as we're willing to fight for them and keep them unto ourselves.

Even when they loose, the liberals just create a new law and wait for it to be struck down. Look at what happened in Wash. DC.

I am with you thought.. THey just keep trying and trying to hammer away. I would love to see someone take office and do the same they do to 2A to some sacred cow of theirs.

Something like, all union dues have to be paid out of the members bank account, and outlaw auto withdraw. Make the members pay the dues vs. having it taken, and also right to work. Take away non profit form Planned Parenthood and ban any federal funds. See how they scream over that for a while. Then when they ain't looking. pass reform that says any goverment assistance has a 2 year max, and force work participation, for those that can. Then replace the disabilty paperwork with the same doctors and rules as the VA. see how that works out. Oh, ya.. Random drug tests of a percentage of all bennefits collectors, EVERY MONTH.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamOriginally Posted By: Ky ColIf they vote with the lower court or ever let it stand without looking at it then thousands of "local" cities and counties can pass the same thing.

Not if the states pass preemption laws that don't allow local governments to pass more stringent gun laws than the state. Fight that battle in your state legislatures instead of worrying about hundreds of local fights.

By the way to the OP, the Constitution doesn't grant any rights. It recognizes those unalienable rights that we all have. We have those rights regardless of what that paper says, at least as long as we're willing to fight for them and keep them unto ourselves.

Did the State of Illinois pass a preemption law?? I can't seem to find it.

I know. I'm looking though the news media reports today to see if the SCOTUS is taking up this case or not. So far I can't find anything about it on my routine news media outlets.

They were suppose to take it up Tuesday and it's Wednesday now.

I guess I better get out my AR15 and my 855 bullets and go to the shooting range while it's still legal to do so.

I was really hoping that they would ban this unconstitutional laws and make the mayor and others actually work to change the Constitution instead of bypassing it with illegal laws. But they are not illegal until the SCOTUS says so. And that's the problem right now.

Back