Finally Arrived...........Maybe now I can join the Cool Kids

Buster Hindend

Well my first two cans ever, finally arrived. Seems like this has taken a while. But all good things come to those who wait

First and foremost, HUGE shout out to Skinney for making this all possible. He took time out of his day several times to walk me through this and let me pick his brain. Extremely helpful gentle man and I'm very much grateful.

Cans were transferred to my local guy in April, then checks cashed April 28th. They were "approved" on August 28 BUT, in true government form, they weren't mailed out until Sept 24th
mad.gif
mad.gif

Any way I picked them up today. Both are SRT cans. One is a .22 VAPOR of James creation and the other is a Shadow XL TI, both being direct thread. They arrived just in time for my coyote hunt out West in November. Can't wait to try them out this Sat

Shadow XL TI

VAPOR

Thanks for looking

Congrats!

Now, you do understand you're totally going to be screwed from here on, right?! Because after you shoot stuff suppressed, it's soooooooooooooooo hard to ever shoot anything unsuppressed again.

You'll likely have to join a support group and attend weekly meetings because these dang things are so VERY addicting.
thumbup.gif

Sweet looking setups, enjoy!!!

Thanks Brad,
It was a pleasure getting to know you and have some great and interesting conversations! Hope you like them, and be sure to post up all the coyotes you take with em!

Sweet looking Rigs, Need to get you a SAS Barricade with a Custom SN for one of them.

Looks Great Brad. Pack one the next time you travel up my way. I'll take your shooting.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Sweet looking Rigs, Need to get you a SAS Barricade with a Custom SN for one of them.

Looks Great Brad. Pack one the next time you travel up my way. I'll take your shooting.

I ordered a Barricade from you
Waiting for it to From 3

Congrats and nice looking rifles. I don't have much experience with the SRT products but I hear they are awesome and I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I have a lot of time with SAS stuff and you'll enjoy your Barricade as well.

Both Skinny and RangerWalker are good guys so you got some great dealer support.

Enjoy and welcome to the dark side!

Took the cans out today for a test spin

Since these are my first cans, I really have nothing else to compare too

But..............I LOVE THEM

I did notice a small POI shift about .2 mil at 100 but the groups sizes were the same.

Sounds about like when you disconnect an air hose on my 6x47 Lapua

Now, I need to come up with some more....................................

Yep! You're ruined for life, you'll never be able to shoot anything unsuppressed again. It' ok, there's a lot of us out there with the same problem. lol

Pretty much any time you hang something off the end of a barrel, unless it's super light, it changes POI to some degree.

Originally Posted By: Buster Hindend
Sounds about like when you disconnect an air hose on my 6x47 Lapua

I don't know if it's just me, but if your shooting heavies in the 6x47 Lapua, anything I shoot long VLDs is very quite though my can. Like a big swoosh of air. 6.5 (140 VLDs) and 20tac with 55g Bergers and the 223AI with 75g A-max. By far more quite then other things I shoot.

And welcome to the suppressor club, you won't be shooting unsuppressed anymore unless you are making sure the bullet is stable before you run it through the can

Jason

Originally Posted By: Buster HindendI'm already plotting my next one or two or three

And so it goes................................................

Ain't that the truth!! These d*mn things are like friggin potato chips, you can't just eat one and close the bag.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: Buster HindendI'm already plotting my next one or two or three

And so it goes................................................

Ain't that the truth!! These d*mn things are like friggin potato chips, you can't just eat one and close the bag.
smile.gif

Or like Tatt's... I'm waiting on the new Rugged Surge as we speak... I think that's like #23, wait maybe it's #27?
LOL.

Get you some covers for them so if you ever get into some heavy action the mirage won't get to you. Those cans heat up quickly. Another cool factor Hahahaha

edit You said something about a hunt out west. Hope this improves your hunt.

Last edited:
Just got the call yesterday, form 4 approved on my Harvestor, it is my first. It will be going on my fast-twist 220 Swift for calling. Thinking my Omega should be approved about mid-December or so.

Those are sweet looking rigs Brad.

I am so very, very ready to get that can on my Swift and get some calling done. Weather has been perfect the last few days.

I have two rimfire cans waiting to be approved and have a Barricade waiting to Form 3 transfer to my local dealer

Already thinking of more cans

Originally Posted By: Buster HindendI have two rimfire cans waiting to be approved and have a Barricade waiting to Form 3 transfer to my local dealer

Already thinking of more cans

LOL, your on a roll...or should I say can!
thumbup1.gif

Back