lightweight build

twhitey

thought i would share a super lightweight build that i just completed in a 6.8spc11

Psa 18" lightweight profile barrel shorten to 16.1" with target crown.
10"Bravocompany hand rail
SlrRifle works titanium gas block,V7Titanium barrel nut
2Aarmament lite complete upper set
Boomfab titanium Bcg,6.8 arp super bolt,titanium firing pin
Smokes composites butt stock
All V7 titanium small parts
Aero precision lite mount
Leupold 1x6x24 illum

BDL custom coating did the Cerakote finish

Finished weight without optics is 4.2lbs. With optic and empty mag 5.8 lbs

IMG_3835_zpskbzc0wrh.jpg

IMG_3837_zpscqkf90kr.jpg

IMG_3836_zpsc4f2a0rr.jpg

IMG_3833_zpskn9khg4w.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set-up, that's ridiculously light too. What bullets you shooting out of that?

Cerakote job came out awesome.

Good luck with it.

Originally Posted By: LARUEminatiNice set-up, that's ridiculously light too. What bullets you shooting out of that?

Cerakote job came out awesome.

Good luck with it.

Thanks
I will be feeding it what ever it wants to eat I have a good friend that reloads commercially and we are gonna start with Nossler 110Ab and Hornaday 120sst for deer and then try the Barnes 95ttsx and the Federal 90 gold dots for yotes With that
said my rifle will make the final choice.I will be shooting factory ammo during break in this week then starting load development soon after.Cant wait to shoot her..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: twhiteyBarnes 95ttsx and the Federal 90 gold dots for yotes

Should flatten a yote, won't be lookin very far.

Originally Posted By: LARUEminatiOriginally Posted By: twhiteyBarnes 95ttsx and the Federal 90 gold dots for yotes

Should flatten a yote, won't be lookin very far.

Not very fur friendly but that's ok as long as it's drt

Originally Posted By: moonshine44How many mortgages did you have to take out to pay for the titanium parts?
laugh.gif

To save on weight isn't cheap but at the end of the day it's exactly what I have wanted.

Awesome setup!
I have had an ultra light build in the back of my mind,and you pretty much nailed what my ideas were going to be.
Im curious how it shoots!

Originally Posted By: OverwatcherAwesome setup!
I have had an ultra light build in the back of my mind,and you pretty much nailed what my ideas were going to be.
Im curious how it shoots!

I will be shooting it this week hope it shoots as good as it looks.

My LW 6.8 weighs a little less (under MOA with 120 SST) and I could drop another 12oz if I replace the stock/ buffer tube with smokes composites and installed a Whiskey Arms bolt carrier.

Awesome Job!

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMy LW 6.8 weighs a little less (under MOA with 120 SST) and I could drop another 12oz if I replace the stock/ buffer tube with smokes composites and installed a Whiskey Arms bolt carrier.

Awesome Job!

Thanks
Just curios when you say a little less can you give me some weights without optics,mounts,empty mags

Sweet toy! There's some interesting LW build threads over at ar-15.com I have perused thru. If we ever got semi's legal in PA for hunting, I'd be all over at least one for furbearers, if not deer too.

Originally Posted By: twhiteyOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMy LW 6.8 weighs a little less (under MOA with 120 SST) and I could drop another 12oz if I replace the stock/ buffer tube with smokes composites and installed a Whiskey Arms bolt carrier.

Awesome Job!

Thanks
Just curios when you say a little less can you give me some weights without optics,mounts,empty mags

5.73lbs was the last weight (May) with a 16" Wilson Combat SS Lightweight Hunter Barrel, Minimalist Stock, CB spring & buffer (removed buffer weights),Midwest 10" ML handgard, WC Accu-Tac flash hider, Syrac Gen II solid adjustable gas block,Leupold VXR 1.25-4 Hog Scope and Aero mount .

I have since replaced the take down pins, castle nut, and other metal parts with V7 titanium parts so she is lighter (haven't weighed again).

Since I don't run without optics, etc I didn't weigh the variations.

I will leave it to you and breastroker (3.5lb 6.8 SPCII and 5lb .308 AR10) to obsess
smile.gif

However, Love your paint so you got me thinking again!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: twhiteyOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMy LW 6.8 weighs a little less (under MOA with 120 SST) and I could drop another 12oz if I replace the stock/ buffer tube with smokes composites and installed a Whiskey Arms bolt carrier.

Awesome Job!

Thanks

5.73lbs was the last weight (May) with a 16" Wilson Combat Lightweight Hunter Barrel, Minimalist Stock, WC flash hider, ,Leupold VXR scope and Aero mount . I have since replaced the take down pins, castle nut, and other metal parts with V7

titanium parts so she is lighter (haven't weighed again).

Since I don't run without optics, etc I didn't weigh the variations...just the running weight.

I will leave it to you and breastroker (3.5lb 6.8 SPCII and 5lb .308 AR10) to obsess
smile.gif

This build is all Breastrokers fault that I cant make my morgatge payment lol.Yea sounds like you got yourself a shooter and lightweight.Gotta love those V7 parts

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: twhiteyOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: twhiteyOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMy LW 6.8 weighs a little less (under MOA with 120 SST) and I could drop another 12oz if I replace the stock/ buffer tube with smokes composites and installed a Whiskey Arms bolt carrier.

Awesome Job!

Thanks

5.73lbs was the last weight (May) with a 16" Wilson Combat Lightweight Hunter Barrel, Minimalist Stock, WC flash hider, ,Leupold VXR scope and Aero mount . I have since replaced the take down pins, castle nut, and other metal parts with V7

Since I don't run without optics, etc I didn't weigh the variations...just the running weight.

smile.gif

This build is all Breastrokers fault that I can make my morgatge payment lol.Yea sounds like you got yourself a shooter and lightweight.Gotta love those V7 parts

I agree, He's got me thinking about a lightweight AR10 build

That cerakote job makes me drool! Way better than my rattle can jobs but I'm sure it's no where near as cheap.

Originally Posted By: AdamTThat cerakote job makes me drool! Way better than my rattle can jobs but I'm sure it's no where near as cheap.

Yea but like you said it's amazing they nailed it......work of art.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: twhiteyOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGOriginally Posted By: twhiteyOriginally Posted By: TXCOONDOGMy LW 6.8 weighs a little less (under MOA with 120 SST) and I could drop another 12oz if I replace the stock/ buffer tube with smokes composites and installed a Whiskey Arms bolt carrier.

Awesome Job!

Thanks

smile.gif

This build is all Breastrokers fault that I can make my morgatge payment lol.Yea sounds like you got yourself a shooter and lightweight.Gotta love those V7 parts

I agree, He's got me thinking about a lightweight AR10 build

He has a buddy of mine thinking Ar10 as well.....lol

Back