.204 bullets ?

Saskcoyote78

Whats your go to bullet in the calibre? Ive had years of success with 39 gr BK's never wrecked any fur, then heard some guys hate them. They work great for me though but whats your favorite fur round. I found 32 gr VMAX's to splash alot and get runners.

Cheers!!

When I was running a 204 for fur my go to bullet was the 35 grain Berger. I did shoot a few with the 39 grain bk with mixed results. I would have like to to try the 40 grain noslers but never did

I bought some 40 gr nosler BT to try. I have some 39 gr TNT havent tried them yet. I use 39 gr bking and 35 gr bergers may try some 40 gr ones to.

32gr Nosler BT ballistic tip out of a 20 Swift. They make 4,550 fps. I may try the Nosler 32gr lead free, not a BT, but they have a slightly better BC than the BT lead ones. Larry

I have only used the 39gr SBK and 35gr Berger on song dogs, and both worked great with 80% of the dogs DRT. I cannot comment on the other bullets listed.

IMO the 39gr BK bullet is the magic bullet for 204s, but I have used the 35gr Beger HP with great success on coyotes. Drops them dead!

Originally Posted By: josiecurdog39gr BK. The b.c. of the 35gr bergers is hard to get excited about.

BC of these bullets doen't really concern me much for called in coyotes. Even ones out to 200 yards isn't really an issue where I hunt.

Back