How to adjust TC Prohunter FX open sights? Can you recommend any better sights?

lifesupport4u

I have a T/C Prohunter FX. I haven't shot muzzleloader for over 15 years. How do I adjust the fiber optic sights properly? There was nothing in the owners manual.

It is shooting about 10-12 inches high at 100 yards.

Can you recommend any better open sights? I have to use open sights to hunt in Colorado.

If shooting low, you have to lower the front sight or raise the rear sight.

If shooting high, you need to raise the front sight or lower the rear sight.

The above is just a summary off the web. Williams and Tru-Glow make replacement sights for many muzzle-Loaders. I'd try to adjust what you have first. If still ironing things out, get it settled at 50 yards before moving to longer ranges.

Originally Posted By: lifesupport4uI have a T/C Prohunter FX. I haven't shot muzzleloader for over 15 years. How do I adjust the fiber optic sights properly? There was nothing in the owners manual.

It is shooting about 10-12 inches high at 100 yards.

Can you recommend any better open sights? I have to use open sights to hunt in Colorado.

Move the rear sight in the same direction you want to move the point of impact.

Unless they have changed the law since 2001, you should be able to use an aperture rear sight which is far better than an open sight IMO. Only drawback is aperture requires better light than open sight.

Regards,
hm

simply lower rear sight. front sight must move in same direction, if shooting right move right,if left move left. no up or down on front sight.

Back