Hunt Comfort FatBoy

WhoCares

Anyone ever used the FatBoy by Hunt Comfort? It's a ground level seat cushion that is supposed to be amazingly comfortable. I recently changed from shooting sticks to a Harris bi-pod and it's too short for my turkey chair. Need something at ground level.

Originally Posted By: seasleyIt very comfortable, but bulky and slight heavy. Your butt will appreciate it

+1. You can sit all day in comfort but it's a load to carry very far.

Originally Posted By: WhoCaresAnyone ever used the FatBoy by Hunt Comfort? It's a ground level seat cushion that is supposed to be amazingly comfortable. I recently changed from shooting sticks to a Harris bi-pod and it's too short for my turkey chair. Need something at ground level.

I be curious to see how the Harris works out vs the sticks for you in the long run for predators.

Well, I sure hope it works out. The Harris bi-pods are expensive. Truth be told I hated every set of shooting sticks I tried. I purchased the 9-13 and 13-27 S models along with their 270 degree swivel and speed locks. Hopefully I will hate this setup less
unsure.gif
but u never know!

Oh, and by the way I used the "Fat Boy" yesterday in my deer stand and it was perfect. Butt never complained. I purchased direct from Hunt Comfort the manufacturer and had them add their ballistic bottom to help keep the
thorns out of my bum and increase durability.

I know it may sound cheesy, but I bought Les Johnson's chair last year and it's been awesome! It keeps your rear thorn free (not easy to do around here) and it provides back support. I've sat comfortably on the ground for an hour before. It's easy to carry with the built in shoulder strap and I have the model with a detachable rear pouch that holds my e-caller and a decoy. Plus, it's really light weight. I'm actually going to buy one for my wife to use, they're so nice.

Originally Posted By: WhoCaresWell, I sure hope it works out. The Harris bi-pods are expensive. Truth be told I hated every set of shooting sticks I tried. I purchased the 9-13 and 13-27 S models along with their 270 degree swivel and speed locks. Hopefully I will hate this setup less
unsure.gif
but u never know!

The reason I even brought it up as a friend was telling me about his dad buying the Harris and the first time a coyote came in moving at a bad angle and he got the bi-pod all caught up in the brush and couldn't get off a shot he took it off and threw it as far as he could.
lol.gif
He was telling me HOW he came about HIS harris by going and picking up the set his dad threw.
With that being said I always put on Harris's when I call in Montana or open ground where I might go prone but for most set-up's where I hunt they are not as flexible as sticks but that's just me.... so keep us posted.

I hunt mainly on a 7000 acre farm about 10 minutes from my house. Most of it is wide open hay fields with shots available to 1500 yds. I mainly sit in the hedge rows or along the fence lines. Not much brush to get tangled in, but I always have a few sets of sticks in the bed of my truck just in case. I will let u know as I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

I realize this is an old post but since I am new to this forum, I will give you my thoughts in the Fat Boy seat. The Fat Boy seat is the best cushion I have used or seen. It may be a little bulky carrying around but you can sit all day on it and your rear will remain warm and comfortable. I have tried just about every hunting seat out there but none are equal to the Fat Boy. I had a total hip replacement in 2010 and sitting for any period of time became a very painful and uncomfortable experience. In 2011 I purchased the Fat Boy and have used it since. I can say that transporting the Fat Boy is well worth it for the comfort it provides especially for the stand hunter.

Back